13. Friendship is the Best Thing

Carter's pov

As I walked into the gym, I saw Chloe going into the girls locker room. I hope she's okay, she was pretty worked up over what happened. After I got dressed in my uniform, I went over to Chloe.
"Hey chlo- uh woah," I said, "you smell like spoiled milk."
"Yeah I know," she looked down. I shouldn't have open my mouth.
"How are you holding up?" I asked. She looked around.
"Not very well," she said so quietly, it was barely audible.
"What happened?" I sat next to her.
"There was a note on my locker this morning, not a very nice one, then Courtney poured her milk on me," she told me.
"So then that means Courtney had to post the thing on twitter," I said putting the pieces together.
"Or someone who associated with her," she said looking up at me. Her eyes were red and puffy. She had been crying. I hugged her tight. "Thanks, I needed this." I jumped a little from her comment. I felt my cheeks heat up, I was blushing.
    "Uh no problem," I stuttered, "friends are there for each other right?" She nodded and smiled. Her cheeks were a light shade of pink.
    Class had ended, and Chloe walked to lunch with me. I was happy to see her smiling. "Hey guys," Galaxy said. We sat down, and looked at each other. More like stared into each other eyes.
   "Get a room love birds," Crystal said. Chloe blushed and looked down at her lap.
    "How come he can get a girl but I can't," Kyle said dropping his hands on the table.
     "Idiot! They're not dating, it was a joke!" Galaxy slapped him. I looked back at Chloe, she was scared. I could see it.
     "Hey Chloe, do you think I can come over today?" I whispered to her. She looked up and nodded.
     It was after school, and I dropped my things off at home before heading to her house. As I knocked on the door, I heard their dog barking, and a man answered the door.
    "Hello sir, is Chloe here?" I asked. This had to be Mark, her father.
    "Come on in Carter," he motioned me to come in, "she had told me you were coming."
     "Oh uh thank you sir," I walked in.
     "Mark will do," he said, "Chloe's in her room, you can go on in." I slowly nodded and went to her room. I knocked on the bedroom door.
    "Come in," she said. I walked in, seeing her on her bed holding a stuff animal.
    "Hey," I said sitting by her, "Mark seems pretty cool."
    "He always is," she said looking at me. "Why'd you wanna come over?"
    "I thought you could use a friend in this time of need," I said. She smiled and hugged me. The blush came back. Am I falling in love with her?
     "Oh um," she stumbled over her words, "sorry." She's so cute.
    "So what do you wanna do?" I asked. She shrugged then gasped. She left the room, and then came back. Chloe pulled me into a familiar room.
    "Let's play video games!" She said pulling up an extra chair. This is Mark's recording.
     "I'm in Mark's recording room?" I asked stunned. She giggled and nodded. I couldn't believe it. I knew I had to calm down, and I can't act like one of those fan girls, at least not now.
At the end of the day, Mark and Chloe invited me to stay for dinner, and my mom allowed me to. This was a good day, and once I got home I grabbed a piece of paper, and started writing a note. It was to Chloe. I don't know when I'll give it to her. It explains my feelings to her.