18. Time has Come

Mark's pov

Carter and the others met me and Chica at the park. They had told me what happened during school, and it made sense.
    "Do you think Courtney did it?" Kyle asked.
"There's no doubt about it, nimrod," Crystal slapped him.
"Is she always this abusive?" I whispered to Galaxy. She nodded. The whole time Carter seemed down about something.
"Wait this is Courtney we're talking about," Kyle said.
"Yeah, we all know she's mentally insane," Galaxy replied, "who knows what she'll do." Carter seemed to get worried.
"Hey Carter, can I speak to you privately?" I asked. He got the look of shock spread all over his face, but nodded.
"What is it, Mark?" he asked as we walked away from the others.
"Do you like Chloe?" I asked.
"Well what do you mean like? I like her as a good friend," he said looking up.
"Only as a good friend?" I asked.
"Well, no," he got quiet, "I like her more than that, but I don't think she'll feel the same."
"Let's go find her," I said smiling. The others came up with a plan, but I said, "you three have been great help, but I can't have any of you getting hurt. I want you to go home."
"What about Carter?" Crystal asked, "won't he get hurt?"
"I have some other things to take care of," he said. They nodded and said bye, and to keep them in touch. Chloe has such good friends.
"Come on," I patted Carter's shoulder, "let's go."
We started out of the park. Thanks to Galaxy she knew where Courtney lived, that was out first stop.
Once we arrived, I handed Carter the note, and knock on the door.
"Hello, can I help you?" A lady answered the door.
"Is Courtney here, ma'am?" Carter asked.
"Why do you want to see her?" the lady asked. She seemed like one of those people who think they're better than others.
"Um, she in my class and I wanted to ask her something," Carter answered her question. The lady closed the door, and when it opened, a girl around Chloe's age was there.
"Ugh, its you," she rolled her eyes, "what do you want?"
"Why did you tell Chloe Fischbach to kill herself?" I asked. She looked up at me, and screamed.
"Oh my god! You're Markiplier!" She yelled.
"Yes," Carter intervened, "yes he is, now answer the question."
"What are you talking about?" she asked.
"We have this note that was on Chloe's locker telling her to kill herself, and a tweet saying she should have died," Carter said showing the note and a picture of the tweet.
"Okay and you have no proof I did either of those things," she crosses her arms.
"What about this one?" I read another tweet out loud to her, "hey court, did you see Chloe's face when you poured milk on her?"
"And you're tagged in it," Carter said. "Where is she? You know she went missing,"
"Mommy! Daddy!" her eyes filled with tears. We jumped as two people came out to the front door.
"What is it, cupcake?" the guy asked.
"These two people are saying I bullied a girl and then kidnapped her," she cried.
"What is the meaning of that?" the woman asked.
"Ma'am, this young boy has seen things on social media, and school of your daughter bullying this girl," I said to her.
"Kids joke around sometimes, it's nothing harmless," she said.
"Okay then you should see this," I handed her the papers.
"There is no proof my daughter wrote this note, and social media is risky, of course there's gonna be things like this," the parents looked at it.
"Of course things will be said in there, I should know," I said, "but that gives no excuse for these things to be said."
"Sir, I'm gonna have to ask you to leave or I will call the cops," her dad said. I respected their wishes and we left.
Since Carter had showed me this stuff, he suggested we give it to the police. I thought it was a good idea.
As we were sitting in a conference with the officer, and I heard Carter whispered,
"Don't worry Chloe, we're coming." I patted his shoulder.