14. Something Strange

Mark's pov

    The past two weeks, Chloe has been distanced herself, more than she did when we first met. She was always in her room. The only times she left was when we would eat, or she went to the bathroom. It could just be from Matt and Ryan leaving, and then Tyler and Ethan moving in. I just don't know for sure, but I knew I had to find out what's bugging her, it's my job as a father.
    "Mark?" Chloe stuttered walking over with Chica.
     "What is it, kiddo?" I asked concerned.
     "Can I hang out with some friends tomorrow?" she asked. It was Friday, and normally she'd stay home. Now that she has friends from school they hang out a lot.
    "Of course, but you gotta do all your homework," I wanted her to do good in school. She nodded. Chica followed Chloe to her room.
    My girls, I just love them. They're always together no matter what.
    It was around seven at night, and I thought I should get Chloe out of her. I took her out for dinner. She seemed happy, yet depressed too.
    "Chloe what's wrong?" I firmly asked her. She had a look of shock on her face, as she stared at me.
    "What are you talking about?" she asked, "I'm fine just been focusing on school work."
     "Ok if you say so," I let the subject go for now, but that doesn't mean I'm done with it.
     After I dropped Chloe off at her friend's house, Chica came running to me with Chloe's bookbag.
    "Chica, why do you have her bag?" I asked as she dropped it to the floor. "What is it girl?" Chica put her paw on it, I assumed she wanted me to open it. "Pup, I'm not gonna open it. Chloe's personal things need to stay her personal things." Chica stuck her head in and pulled out a note. I know I shouldn't have, but I took it and read it. "Kill yourself."
    Chica laid her head on my legs, she was sad. This wasn't Chloe's hand writing, someone wrote it to her.
    I stood up getting my shoes on, I went to go pick up Chloe. I wanted to get to the bottom of this situation. I had to make sure Chloe didn't try anything.

-Sorry for a short chapter, I try to make them as long as I can without moving and the story so fast. I hope you're all enjoying and please send feedback. I'd really appreciate it. With that being said thank you everyone for reading and I will see you in the next chapter. Buh-Bye!-