Chapter 15

Hello :) Sorry school has been crazy busy, and I finally got back into the pool! I guess I never realized how out of shape I am in! Opening weekend is coming up and I am so excited! I know I never update and I feel really super bad, but I keep writing in my book! So a lot of new twists come in soon, so stay with me! Again, let me know what you guys think! Thank you for reading this! It means so extremely much to me that you guys keep reading it! Vote and comment! Tell your friends and tell their friends to read this! Love you all! Sorry that I am keeping you guys from reading it! Xo

*Memory continued.*

I crawl out of the window and close the curtains. I look up and see my moms light off in her bedroom, and the house is quiet. I walk towards the street and look for Jake's car. Where is he?

~~~~~~~~~

"Nellie? Dinner's ready if you want to come and eat. Otherwise I can put yours in the microwave." I look up and see Jake staring at me.

"No that's fine."

He walks over and helps me up from the ground.

"I had another memory, it was when I broke my hand."

"Last year huh? Your mom got so upset when we got back from the hospital. Thank god Miles and Mikah were in Texas for the weekend because they would've killed me."

"Well what happened when we got to the hospital? The memory just stopped before I even found your car." It was true he interrupted me before I even found out what happened. What really happened when my mom found out about it? It was true though, it was her fault for assuming everything. Yes Jake and I shouldn't have been doing some of the things, but she was young once too. She needs to learn to live a little rather than assuming that I am some devil child. Not everything that I do is perfect, but I never get the police called on me, I didn't drink or do drugs. What was her issue? 

"They put you on a ton of medication, you broke your hand in five places. It was definitely an interesting experience. Your mom wouldn't allow me near you for three weeks, but you kept sneaking out to see me, so she just gave up. What do you want on your burger?" 

"Everything? I'm just really hungry. That hospital food was absolutely terrible. My body needs food." Everyday I had pathetic, tasteless food that made me want to puke every time I put it in my mouth. It's a hospital, we all are sick, dying, or severely injured. Why are you giving us food that tastes so terrible?

Jake puts everything on my burger and hands it to me. "Thanks."

"How are you feeling? Everything's okay? Nothing feels weird?"

"I'm fine Jake." I stay through my teeth. I'm sick and tired of people making me feel like I am some puppet. I would tell them if something was wrong, they all should know that by now. I just don't understand why I still need to be babysat. Dr. Manuel finally cleared me, and everything should go back to normal. So why can't they show me what life was like before the accident? I want everything to go back to the day I left the tattoo shop. Why didn't I just stay in my car? If I would've stayed there until I stopped crying then everything would be fine. What was I thinking?

Jake just looks down at his food and I can tell that I upset him. "I'm sorry Jake, but I'm doing just fine. Please understand that I am okay, and I don't need you to babysit me."

Jake's P.O.V

I understand that all of this is hard, but doesn't she think it's hard on me to? I taste blood in my mouth, which makes me realize that I was biting my tongue. Shit.

"I need a smoke. I'll be right back." If I didn't get out of that house I was going to break something, or start screaming at her. Why the hell is it always about her? It always is!