Chapter 21 Never Gonna Crash

"And I know now, that I'm so down." ~ 5 Seconds of Summer

"Have you visited him?" I look back up at Aiden.

"Not since the funeral."

"How about we go tomorrow and Nellie can come with. I'm sure she'd really love to go with, and I'm guessing you've never even told her about him?" I shake my head and look out the window.

"It's been a long time, I don't know if I'm ready to go back and see him."

"Well I'm going tomorrow with Nellie and you can come with if you want." I pull into Red Robin and park the car.

"I just don't know if I'm ready yet."

"I'm just saying, he was like a brother to me to Jake." I nod and just stare at my hands.

It was hard trying to tell my brother about the night Diego died, but it was harder seeing the disappointment on his face when I told him I haven't been to the grave yet. Aiden gets out without saying another word. I sit in silence and debate what should I really do. Diego would be so disappointed in me that I haven't seen him yet, but I can't bring myself to go and see him. I lost my best friend so long ago and I hate that I just had to relive his death all over again. I turn the car off and open my door. I get out, walk inside, and am greeted by a skinny brunette.

"Table for?"

"My brother's here some where."

"Follow me." I follow her to the bar where Aiden's drinking a beer.

"I thought you'd be out there forever. I won't ask another question about Diego."

"Let's just not talk about it right now." I look over at the bartender ,

"I'll have a Guiness." Aiden laughs but just responds by taking a swig of his beer.

Nellie's P.O.V.

I wake up to no one in my room, and it's completely dark. Where did Jake go? I press the call button and wait until Rayne comes into the room. Rayne walks in a few minutes later and goes to the window to start opening the blinds.

"Do you need something Nellie?"

"Yeah, where's Jake?"

"Aiden and him went out for drinks a few hours ago. I think they'll be back sometime tomorrow. Aiden said they needed a guys night to be able to talk about everything."

"What time is it?"

"Seven-thirty. You fell asleep around noon after the walk. They left after they came in the room and you were sleeping. So they've been drinking for awhile, and Aiden said he'd call me when they needed a ride home."

"Did Dr. Manuel say I could go home soon?"

"I think he mentioned sending you home at the end of the week. We're just waiting for a few more test results to come back in to clear you. From my observation, I think you'll go home in the next few days since he hasn't found a single thing wrong with you."

"How's your boyfriend?" Her cheeks flush as soon as I ask.

"He's doing good, he's still on the business trip in Australia. Hopefully he'll be coming home next week, he said he's not sure yet."

"You really like him don't you?"

"I like him a lot, but I'm terrified of relationships because they always turn out bad. So I'm scared that I like him this much already. It's only been two months Nellie. I'm scared that he's going to turn out to be just like everyone else." I motion her to come and siit on the bed with me.

"Not all guys are good, and if he isn't who you hoped he was then throw him out. He wasn't worth your time anyways. You deserve someone who treats you right." She hugs me and says,

"I'm terrified of getting hurt."

"Don't be, if you're too scared you won't be able to fall in love. You'll be too narrow minded to open up your possibilities. Weigh your options. If you're still scared then tell him that you're not ready to be in love. He should be able to understand that Rayne."

"How did you get so smart on relationships?"

"I've had plenty of practice. Do you see who my boyfriend is?" She laughs and looks around my room.

"It's so plain in here this time. I don't think you even got a get well card, and don't even get me started on your mother. That women is the biggest hypocritical person I've ever met. She says she cares for you so much, but she hasn't been here since Jake brought you. She wants you away from Jake, well obviously that isn't working. I just don't understand what she's even doing. If she wants to be in your life then she needs to make that effort."

"Am I allowed to leave?"

"What do you mean?" She has confusion all ove her face.

"Like is there any way we could go do something fun?"

"I get off when you fall asleep."

"Otherwise you would?" Excitement clear in my voice.

"I would love to, but Manuel is strict when it comes to you."

"Can you go get him, and I'll ask?" She leaves the room and goes to find him.

I look around the room and see that Rayne was right about the difference. Before I had flowers and cards and people here with me, now I'm alone. Where is my mother? If she cared that much about the entire situation she would be sitting here with me. I'm not upset about Jake not being here, he needs a night off from having to deal with me. I just finally feel alone now that none of my family or friends are here with me. None of them have sent a card, not even Mikah. They are my family, why can't they be here? Rayne appears with Dr. Manual after a few minutes.

"You asked to see me?"

"I was wondering, could Rayne and I go out tonight? I'm feeling a lot better and it's been two weeks. Please Manuel I'm stuck in here so much I just need one night." He crosses his arms and stares at me. Silence.

"I don't know Nellie." I interrupt him and beg,

"Please Maunel. Please. Please. Please."

"Be home by midnight. I get all of your tests back tomorrow. So I will be in here by ten." I jump up and give him a massive hug.

"Thank you!" I let go and look at Rayne."

"Shopping for dresses?"

"Yes!" I go to my drawer that has some of my clothes in it and grab a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt. I turn around and see Manuel whispering to Rayne.

"Again? Really guys?" I cross my arms and they both turn and look at me.

"I'm just giving her instructions and rules for tonight. No other secrets I swear." I turn away from them and go into the bathroom. I look in the mirror and look at my reflection that I'm starting to become more and more comfortable with. My hair is starting to grow back; a little. No more dark circles caked underneath my eyes, I take off my gown and put on the jeans and sweatshirt. When I open the door both of them are gone, but a new nurse is sitting in a chair.

"I'm Brianna. I work in the ER with Rayne. She told me to sit here and wait for you while she's getting changed. Are you ready?" I nod and follow her out of my room.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hey everyone!

I'm so sorry that I haven't been able to update! My Internet has been down and I feel so bad! Thank you guys for the 2600! Like honestly that's so amazing! I know I say this everytime but it does mean so much to me that you all have stuck with me and this story. I love you all so much and don't forget to comment/vote! Tell your friends about it! Thank you guys again! Hopefully I'll be able to update next week!

Xo

Izzy