Chapter 5

I am running as fast as I can away from something. But as I turn around to see what it is, a man steps out in front of me and throws me over his shoulder.  

"Help me! No you can't take me! Please someone help me!" I keep screaming at all of the people that are walking by, but no one seems to notice me.  

I watch him look around and throw me into a van. And then, I am awake. I try to open my eyes but they are taped shut. Why are they doing this to me? I then take my hand and reach for someone, anyone that is sitting by me, but I find no one. Where did everyone go? I begin shaking my head, trying to get someone's attention to get this damn tape off of my eyes. No one comes. I begin to hear some people whispering outside the door, and then it happens, "Doctor, her heart rate and blood pressure are dropping." I then hear more and more feet come into the room and a nurse's hand being pressed on my left arm. But I begin to twitch, worse than before. I cannot control my body, all the sudden I begin screaming at the top of my lungs and shaking my head back and forth. More and more people come in and try to hold me down while another nurse puts something in my veins. My head beings thrashing over an over again, faster and faster. Screams continuing to escape from my throat while I realize I have no more control.  

And then, everything stops. My body becomes still again and I fall back asleep.  

~~~~~~~~~One week later  

I feel someone remove the tape from my eyes. I try and open them for the first time in what seems like forever. When I do, I see my doctor standing at the end of my bed with the door closed. And I look around to see if my parents or Jake are standing in the window, but I see no one. So I look around the room for them, but it's just me and Dr. Manuel.  

"We'll it's good to see your face awake again Nellie." 

"How did my surgery go? And why did I have tape over my eyes? I tried to open them, but I couldn't." I exclaimed.  

"Your surgery went very well until your recovery." He then comes and sits on the side of my bed. "We had to put you back in a coma in order to let your brain be able to heal from the surgery. You obviously had different plans. I'm guessing you had a bad dream or something, put you pulled out of a coma two days after your surgery. Which is not good Nellie. You were supposed to stay asleep for about a week, and then we would wean you off of the medicine. You were stressed when you woke up, and began having a seizure. So we hand to put you back in a coma. I am sorry that we had to do that, and how upset you were when you sound out no one was here to see your recovery."  

"So what do we do now? I mean, has my brain recovered enough that I could maybe walk out of his room? Or actually have real food?" I questioned, realizing how much I miss pizza.  

"Nellie, we have to take baby steps with your brain to try and make sure your brain heals right. If we don't, then it could cause a lot of damage."  

"But where is my family why weren't they here when I woke up? I thought they would want to be here instead of having me wake up with absolutely no one there. Do you know how that feels?" 

"Nellie, your parents didn't want to be disappointed if you woke up, and didn't remember anything at all. Same with Jake, he needed a little break from the hospital. We all didn't think that you would be waking up two days after surgery, so I told them to go home and get a good night sleep. And that I would call them immediately if something bad happened. Which I ended up having to do anyways. Your mother is really taking this to heart that you cannot remember anything about her,but that you are remembering things with Jake."  

"It's not like its my fault that my brain is the one that is telling me who to remember and who not to! Jake told me that he would do this all over again even if that makes him have me fall in love with him all over again. I know that all of this hurts my parents a lot. But I am trying, I really am. My brain just isn't ready to remember everything yet. I just wish she would understand that." 

He just nods and leaves me in the room alone. How is this my fault that I cannot remember them? Does my mother really think that I am choosing to remember everything about mine and Jakes relationship rather than her and dad? I see my fathers face surface by the window. And I realize that he is the one person I need to talk to, so I motion him to walk in. He nods and walks in silently, and sits next to me. At first we sit in silence, and the he speaks,  

"How are you feeling? We were really worried when we got that call about a seizure." He grabs my hand.  

"Dad, I need you to give me a memory."  

"You don't remember?"  

"Remember what?" What was I supposed to remember?  

"I thought your mother would have told you by now. She said that she did."  

"What are you talking about?"  

"Nellie, I am not your father, your real father died when you were ten. Your mother and I married two years ago."  

What the hell.  

"Your mother told me she told you. I guess she got too afraid. That's why she is crying all the time. She is afraid of losing you too."  

I noticed a year rolling down his face. He storms out of the room leaving with the thought that I don't know my father.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I wake up to someone's hand holding mine, but I'm too tired to wake up and see who it is. I gently pull my hand away and fall back asleep. I then hear them sigh and walk out of the room, and a memory resurfaces.  

I am laying on my bed reading a book. I hear someone open the front door and slam it as they come in the house. I don't seem to really care and keep reading my book. I then see my bedroom door open and Jake is standing in the doorway looking at me. I don't pay attention, and just keep reading.  

"Excuse me, Princess Nellie. Where were you today?" He tells at me.  

"I told you that I had a doctors appointment this morning, and I agreed to go out with my parents for lunch. Jake I told u this morning." I reply calmly.  

"You did not tell me you were going to be gone all day! Quit lying."  

"Can you please stop raising your voice at me. Go take a shower, we can go out to dinner later okay?" 

"I wouldn't have to raise my voice at you if you would have told me where you were going to be!"  

"Jake you worked all day today! Then you go work out for a few hours after. I don't know why this is such a big deal!" I throw my book on the bed and sit up to look at him. Why are all the recent memories so violent? 

"Well answer your fucking phone when I call then!"  

"You didn't even call me!"  

"Bull!"  

"Are you going to take a shower so we can go out? Or are we just going to sit here and argue the entire time?"  

"Fuck this. I'm going out with the guys, I am not going to listen to you being a bitch." He walks over to me and picks me up and throws me back onto the bed hard. Then leaves the room, and I decide I'm done with his shit. 

The memory closes, but one question remains,  

Why did I put up with him?  

~~<<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Oh my gosh I love Florida! Defiantly going to be really tan when I go back to Wisconsin! (: Hope you guys enjoy this chapter <3>

Xo  

x-Izzy