Chapter 17

You guys thought I'd leave you like that?! Haha Enjoy :)

"Manuel.." He holds his hand up, and finally; we hear a beat. I rush over to the side of the bed and grab her hand. 

"Nellie?" I feel her squeeze my hand as she opens her eyes. 

"Rayne." Dr. Manuel hands her the paddles and moves back to Nellie. 

"Nellie, can you hear me?" He takes the tube from her throat and sets it to the side. She grabs my hand to help me try and have her sit up. I wrap my arm around her waist to support her fragile body.

"Just give me a minute." She whispers and we all laugh. Finally,  my Nellie's back.

Nellie's P.O.V

Well I think I've made my choice. It's time for Jake to let me go. Yes I love him more than anything, but I've hurt him way to much. He needs to move on. 

"I see you've made  your decision?"

I nod, "I have. I'm staying here."

"Very well." 

Then, I'm at the hosptial and everyone is crowded around my bed.

"Rayne turn it up."

"Manuel you're going to lose her!"

"Just do it!"

Tears are streaming from Jakes face as I watch Manuel try and try again to revive me, and they've all realized that I'm not going to make it. In that exact moment is when I realized that I'm not ready to leave. Dr. Manuel hasn't given up on me, so why should I give up on them? 

"Dad I changed my mind! I can't do this." 

He nods, "I thought you might."

He walks towards me and embraces me in a goodbye hug.

"Stay strong Nelliena. I love you very much, and don't give up on Jake. He just needs some time."

"I love you dad." He kisses my forehead and a tear escapes and falls down my cheek. 

"Close your eyes." I do as he says and I hear Jakes voice,

"Nellie?" Alright Nellie, you can do this. Just open your eyes. I squeeze Jake's hand before I open my eyes. Okay I can do this. I slowly open my eyes to find everyone standing around my bed looking at me. I can't speak because the tube is still down my throat. Dr. Manuel walks towards me and takes the tube from my throat. I grab Jakes hand so he can help me sit up. He helps support me so I don't fall back. My body isn't used to breathing alone so it takes me a few minutes to adjust to everything. 

 "Better now" I  nod and look back over to Rayne, who has a big smile spread across her face.

Dr. Manuel says, "I told you she was a fighter. She just needed all of us to fight with her." He walks back over to me and checks all of my vitals.

"I think you'll still need a CT scan due to you being in a coma, and we need to see how it affected your brain. Otherwise you're all good Nellie. I don't understand how you can be in a coma and come back just like that with no after effect." He shakes his head and exits the room. Rayne and the other nurses follow him into the hallway, and Jake and I are left alone.

"I'm sorry that I fucked up Nellie, I promise that I'm really going to work on all of this. I'm going to fix us." I grab his hand and smile. He does need me, just like my dad said. Why did I ever want to let this go?

"No, we don't need fixing Jake. Now I really understand how our relationship works. We fight all the time, but we never give up. At first I didn't understand why we put up with eachother, and stay with eachother. But now it all makes sense to me."