Chapter 24

Hey Everyone!

So it's really been two months huh? It honestly doesn't feel like I've been away for that long. I'm really sorry that I keep taking this off hold and then putting it back on. So many things have been changing around me that I guess writing just stopped. So from now on I'm not going to promise that I'm going to be able to update and there will be no schedule. I feel terrible but I have PT (Physical Training) for the Army starting! That brings me to something else! I'm joining the Army! Since I'm a senior I still have one more year until I get shipped off to basic but it's still such a major step for me. I take my ASVAB in a few weeks (it's a test you need to take to get into any branch) and hopefully I'll test high enough to be a Military Dog Handler! I've started feeling a lot better about myself and most of the negative thoughts have gone away for awhile. I think that's about it.

Here you go

:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake's P.O.V

"What do you mean she's done? Like one hundred percent, or is she going to go back and change her mind all over again?" I finish telling Aidenn that Nellie and I are officially done and now I'm left with wondering what else am I supposed to do?

"All she said was that she was done with me because I was to much to deal with. It's messed up because I've been here for her this entire time and now she just decides it's time to just give up? I'm just going to call up Max and see if he's got room in New York. I can start training today, and be ready in a month."

"If you're going then I'm coming with you."

"Are you sure about that?" He nods and goes into his room.

"Let's start packing!"

"I have to call Max first!" I grab my phone and dial Max's number on the way to my room.

Ring, Ring.

"Jake! I haven't heard from you in a long time! What do you need?"

"Do you still have any work up there for me? I can start training today and be ready in about a month. I understand if you have a bunch of other jacked up guys, but I really need this man."

"Sure man! Your girl and you not working out or are you bringing her with you?" 

"It''s a long story, but no she's not coming."

"I think I can squeeze you in. I'll give you a call tomorrow when your flight is, and I'm going to guess Aiden is coming with otherwise he's still overseas."

"He will be coming with if you can give us another ticket."

"That I can do. I'll call you tomorrow."

"Thanks Max." I hang up the phone and begin packing. What do I even take to New York? I grab the suitcase from the top of my closet and throw it on my bed before I begin throwing random clothes in it. The thought of Nellie begins racing through my mind and I'm left with the question of whether or not to tell her about the move. Do I send her my address just in case if she needs me? No Jake. She said she was done with you. Don't go running back to her; I need her.

"Aiden!" I yell.

Fuck. What am I supposed to do?

"What's up?"

He's going to kick my ass when he hears that I already miss her, and it's been an hour.

"I'm going to tell her where we're going when Max calls back. I can't just leave. What if something happens to her?" He crosses his arms and shakes his head.