Chapter 3

I wake up and my room is dark, and I feel a stabbing pain in my ribs. I don't remember how I got here or where I am.

"Hello?" I scream. A few nurses run into the room and try to comfort me, but any comfort they tried to give me only made it worse. Why am I in the hospital?

"Nellie, I need you to calm down okay? Your body has had enough for awhile and just needs some time to relax. What was she talking about? What happened to my body? I turn towards a window that looks into the hallway and see a crying women being barely held up by a man. There was a boy whose eyes were extremely blue. He gave me a weak smile and I noticed a dark circle around his right eye. Had he gotten into a fight? As I turn back to the couple looking in through the window, I examine my room.

There was nothing special about it. There was a few get well cards and some flowers sitting on the table next to my bed. I watch a nurse cautiously walk into the room with a shot. Great. She gives me a weak smile and shoves the needle into my IV. At first I feel nothing, but as the nurse walks to the door I begin to feel more and more sleepy. Why does this keep happening?

I'm awake. Or am I? I look around the room and move around a little to get out of this uncomfortable bed. I get up and begin walking around the  room and turn back to the bed and see myself sleeping there. Am I dead? Then I walk out of the room to see the women I have been guessing as my mother sitting on the floor with her head in her hands talking to the boy.

"I cannot believe this is happening Jake. Why does this keep on happening! The doctors drug her up more and more everyday just to try and stop the tumor in her brain. How is that going to help anything? There is still a god damn tumor growing, and they aren't doing much to stop it besides drugging my daughter up!"

Finally I know his name!

"I know that the doctors are doing everything that they can Carrie, and I know the Nellie that we know wouldn't like us crying all the time about her. She's alive isn't she? She could be dead. I know the tumor in her brain isn't good, but we need to leave her life in their hands, because I know neither of us is a doctor." He grinned at the last part, and it was good to see him smile. Even though I don't remember him at all, something draws me to him. And for the first time, I actually feel like I know him.

I sit down on the floor across from them and keep listening to what they have to say about what happened to me.

"I just want my Nellie back. When she first opened her eyes, I just wanted to run up to her and just hug her. And then I saw the scared look on her face as she realized that she had no idea who I was. I kept trying to bring her back to where we were, but every time I try and talk to her, she seems to be more and more scared of me." She began crying over again, and Jake took her in his arms, stood her up and walked her to my father.

I needed more of Jake. He was bringing me back to who I was. I wasn't as scared of him as I was when I first met him. And then a memory resurfaces to me,

I am sitting on the beach wiggling my feet in the sand when I look up and see Jake walking towards me from the other side of the beach. He had a huge grin on his face, and he couldn't take his eyes off me. I couldn't either. That boy was ripped. I could obviously tell that he works out a lot with his toned upper body, but after taking a long stare. All I cared about were his beautiful eyes. I have never seen someone with so blue of eyes! He finally reaches me from across the beach and holds his hand out to me. I smile and give him my hand. He pulls me up, and takes off my t-shirt cover up exposing my new swimsuit. It was white a neon pink tie in between my boobs, and the bottoms were the same but ties at my hips.

I look and see his eyes widen a little bit and a mischievous grin come across his face.

"Don't get any ideas Jake." I quickly warn him. While all his response was a bigger smile. I could understand why I feel my memories flooding back from him. He was the one thing that actually made me happy. Jake turns around and picks me up, giving me a piggyback ride to the ocean. There was barely anyone on the beach today, I wonder why? Its so perfect out here. But I wish I knew what happened in the accident. What could've pushed Jake so far that he was that upset that I didn't remember him?

I am back in the hospital sitting across from my mom and Jake. After that amazing memory, I want more! I want him to be the one to let me back into my old life. But how? I begin to walk back to my room when five nurses rush into my room.

"Natalie, page Dr. Manuel, and tell him that his patient is going into cardiac arrest, and that she needs to get to the OR now!

I hear that crucial beeping noise that tells me that I am alive stay on the same beat. That exact same beat telling everyone that I have died again.

The nurses are able to bring me back to live before they take me to the OR, but my doctor looks more confused than ever. I watch them wheel my helpless body into the operating room, and try to save me once again. But what happens if they can't save me. What if I never get to relive those amazing moments with Jake?

After the surgery~~~~~~~~~

I am back in my bed again, and still have all the memories. I turn and look around the room and see Jake sitting in the seat next to my bed sleeping, and my parents still paranoid in the hall.

I take my hand and reach out towards Jakes hand that is laying open, hoping that I would remember us. My hand grabs his, and he quickly wakes up looking right at me.

"Hi Jake."

His eyes become even wider after he realizes that I finally know his name. He says, "Nellie, do you remember me? Or do you remember anything at all?"

"I do remember one thing." I begin to say.

"What do you remember?" He quickly says frantically.

"Do you remember our date on the beach, I was sitting there, and then you walk up and take me to the water?"

He nods his head and says,"Nell's, that was for our one year anniversary. How did you remember that?"

"You helped me remember Jake, just being around you, even if I am not awake. Something just draws me to you. That's the only thing that I actually remember about you, but after I first saw you I feel like I knew you. Jake, your bringing my memory back.

He was focused on my hand held in his while I was talking, but then he looked up just as I finished. "You can't believe that I am the one that's bringing you back Nell. I am going to get the doctor and telling him that you are awake." He then quickly gets up leaving me in the room all alone, listening to my heart barely beating.

Dr. Manuel rushes into my room with Jake right on his heels.

"Nellie is this true? You are getting memories from him?" He questioned, and I nodded just hoping to go back to sleep now. My eyelids were getting way to heavy, but I could tell that my doctor wasn't going to let me off the hook any time soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry that these are pretty short:/ I will try to write longer chapters tomorrow.

Goodnight

x-Izzy