Chapter 21

*4 Months Back*

Riley's POV

I was currently sitting next to Kenedie on the couch. I was sitting there bored as fuck and just over all tired from the long week at the diner. CJ must have done something right because twice this week it was standing room only for about an hour both times. We were packed to the brim with hurried people, large families, and of course my favorite, screaming children. So being the amazing person I'd like to think I was I worked an extra 3 shifts this week to cover for a girl who just lost a family member or something of that sort. I don't know the full details. "Okay. So this is the place." Regan said walking into the apartment, with Caleb right behind her. I looked over at Kenedie and she just rolled her eyes at me making me laugh. "Oh! And these are my roommates. This is Kenedie." She said and Kenedie smiled at them. "And this is Riley." Regan said and I just smiled sticking up my middle finger at Caleb. "O-okay. Moving on." Regan said and walked off leaving me to laugh.

After about an hour of Regan and Caleb doing who knows what, they both stumbled into the living room where I was playing Doom. I had just gotten the game and it was a lot like COD. Only better. "Have a seat. Make yourself at home." Regan said and walked off into the kitchen to get what I was assuming drinks. She came back out a couple of minutes later holding four glasses of wine. "Come on Regan. I know I just had a birthday but I'm still only 20." I said and laughed as I took the glass from her hand. "You're not supposed to be supporting underage drinking." I said and she glared at me. "Really. You drink wine all the time." She said and I nodded my head taking a drink of the red wine. "Very true. But I have never actually been drunk." I said and she smiled at me, handing everyone else their drinks.

After about two more glasses and the four of us just laughing and having a good time, she walked Caleb out and back to his car. I was laughing with Kenedie and she just sat there talking about some random dude she met at the mall. "Okay. I understand that he has a girlfriend, but she's a total whore. I mean, look at her. But anyways I think he was like 6'2, had dirty blond hair, and was like really muscular. AKA Hot." She said and I laughed. "I don't know about that. I mean, I'm more into ginger's anyways..." I said trailing off and she just smirked at me. "You are so in love! Damn. It took Regan and I like a whole year. Now you spend one week with a bunch of guys that I have never even heard of and-" I cut her off by sticking my finger to her lips. "It doesn't matter." I said and stood up. "Well, I think I am going to hit the hay. See you tomorrow." I said and grabbed my half full glass and phone before walking into the kitchen.

I set my phone down on the counter and began to wash out the wine glass so it wouldn't stain. Once I had the sink filled up and hands fully submerged, washing the glass, my phone lit up. I looked over at it and Max's name lit up the screen. I smiled and kept washing, hoping to get done sooner so that I could read the text message I had been dying to receive. Once I was done and dried off my hands, I turned around quickly to a Regan just walking past me. She hit me and knocked the breath out of me as her wine glass went flying up and onto my phone. I stood up and stared in shock at the now sparking phone. "Oh my god Riley! I am so sorry! I should've been watching!" She said and I smiled shaking my head. "No, no. It's okay. It's my fault. But.... my phone.." I said trailing off once again and she looked at it. "Yeah. I'm sorry. I'll get you a new one tomorrow. Can it wait that long?" She said and I nodded. "Okay good. And don't even try to fight me into not paying for it. It's on me." She said and I just nodded once again before heading to bed.

*Time Skip 7 Months*

Max's POV

Red and I were busy getting ready for the break from the offices when Adam came up to me. "You sure you don't want to come with us? Hawaii is calling your name." He said then used a really weird voice to say my name over and over again. "Yeah. I'm sure. I need to see some of my friends again and I figured this break would be the best time." I said and he nodded. "Okay. Don't do anything too stupid." He said and I laughed. "No promises."