Chapter 10

Ross's POV

Max walked outside a couple of minutes ago to go find Riley like she was gone. Although we could clearly hear her playing the guitar softly from the window that was cracked open slightly. I sighed, and pushed a hand through my hair, staring down at the floor zoning off. I was clearly starting to fall for Riley. But I kept the reminder of the seven day time frame in the back of my head, and it stopped me every time from making a move on her. Although I wasn't sure if she felt the same way.

I heard the two of them stomp back into the house, chattering about something. I glanced back at the two of them and they were smiling at each other, making a pang of jealousy go through me. I pushed it down, and smiled as the two of them walked back into the living room. "So, are you still going to play for me?" I asked her with a smile on my face. "Yeah sure." She said adverting her attention away from Max for a split second to return a smile in my direction. I felt triumph overwhelm me again, and I settled back into the couch, Max sitting right beside me.

Riley's POV

"What do you guys want me to play?" I asked them, and tuned the strings ever so slightly. "What can you play?" Ross asked me, and he leaned back against the couch. "I have yet to come across something I can't play so try your best." I said, and put the strap around my shoulder. "Play 'Stitches' by Shawn Mendes." Ross said, and I nodded my head. "Starting off easy eh?" I said with a cocky smirk forming on my face. "I guess we'll have to see." He said, and I smirked playing the first chords to the song perfectly.

After a while of them just shouting out any random song that came to their heads, we all settled down again, and headed off to bed. I followed Max into his room, and climbed back onto his couch. "No way. You're sleeping in the bed tonight. I got the couch." He said, and I sighed. "This will obviously go nowhere." I said, and stood up. "You can have that half, I'll take this half." I said and motioned to his queen sized bed. "Okay." He said, and crawled onto his side. I pulled out my laptop which was plugged in from last night, and opened up my emails. I had two new video links that I needed to edit for Yoami, and started to get to work on those, while Max played on his phone beside me.

_TIME SKIP TO NEXT MORNING_

I woke up to the bright sun in my face again. I looked over and Max was already out of bed, and I could smell something cooking in the kitchen. I laughed, and crawled out of the bed, walking towards the kitchen.

"Please don't burn anything down." I said as I walked into the kitchen. "I promise I didn't." Ross said standing at the stove. "Where's Max?" I asked him, and he flipped an egg. "Adam wanted him to come into the offices earlier. I nodded, and sat down at the small table they had in their kitchen, and Ross brought me over a cup of coffee. "Awe. Thanks Ross. You didn't have to." I said and took a sip of the steaming mug. "Eh. I wanted to." He walked over to the small table carrying two plates. "M'lady." He said and set one down in front of me. My smile started to grow more, and he smiled back at me from across the table.

"That was so good!" I said putting my plate in the sink. Ross followed me, and put his plate in the sink as well. "You ready?" I asked him, and I nodded my head. "Sure. Let's go." I said grabbing Max's sweater that I had on last night from the back of the chair.

I climbed into the passenger seat of Ross's car, and he climbed into the driver's seat. He pulled off onto the street, and it was a decently quiet ride at first. I reached out to turn the radio on, and I brushed my hand against his. "S-sorry. Turn it to whatever you want." He said not once taking his eyes off of the road. I blushed, but smiled to myself. I turned the radio on, and pulled my hand back, messing with my tingling fingers with my other hand.