Chapter 19

Riley's POV

The flight home was even more miserable and unbearably long then I could've ever imagined, and this time there wasn't even a little kid kicking the back of my seat. I sat next to a middle aged man and his girlfriend, but on the window side. I looked through my pictures on my phone. The very few I had of them. I had a total of seven all together.

The first one was of me and Ross. We were both wearing crowns to signify that we were the new butt butt knights. The second one was of me and Adam making a weird face while I was holding DJ Baby Mason. The third one was of Max, Red, and I together making handguns out of our fingers. The two of them were standing side ways leaning on my shoulders and I was in the middle making a funny face. The fourth one was of me on Barney's back. He gave me a piggy back ride around the office one day after he had finished his recordings. The fifth one was of me and Tim, both with pieces of broccoli in our mouths. I laughed a little as I remembered that day. Sixth was of Jordan and I. We were both staring at each other, holding a weird face as we stared at each other. I remembered how we did have quite a few staring contests when I was helping them catch up on the editing. And the last one was probably my favorite one. It was just a big group picture with everyone in it. I was on Adam's back and Emily stood to his left while Ross was on his right. I smiled at the picture as a single tear slid down my face. There was no way that I could actually comprehend that I was leaving. That was the last thing I did before I fell asleep.

"Excuse me. Ma'am. We've landed." A woman said tapping me repeatedly on the shoulders. "Oh! Oh I'm sorry!" I said grabbing the carry-on bag by my feet. "Oh no worries, hun. By the way, are you okay? I saw you crying at something on your phone a while ago. I just didn't want to wake you up to ask you." She said and I nodded. "Yeah! It's just that I won't see my friends for a while." I said and she nodded. "I understand. I haven't seen my husband for a good year or so. He's active military." She said and I smiled. "All due respect." I said before stepping off of the flight. "Thank you, by the way." I said as I walked away. "Anytime dear." I heard her say to me as I turned my head back one last time and smiled at her.

When I walked out of the gate I saw Kenedie and Regan waiting for me. They were both staring at their phones, obviously involved with something. 'Remember how Max's jaw dropped when you walked out of the gate?' My subconscious questioned me, and I looked down at my feet. "Hey! Riley!" Kenedie said looking up from her phone to hug me. "Hey guys." I said and traded Kenedie for Regan in a hug. "It's been forever! You'll have to spill everything from the trip!" Regan said smiling at me, and I just smiled back at her. "Maybe later. I'm actually really tired." I said and Kenedie looked at me weird. "Didn't sleep on the plane?" She questioned me and I bit my lip. "No. I didn't" I lied. I really hated lying to people, but I had to. I didn't want to break down in front of them. And right now I was missing them more than ever. "Oh okay. I'm sorry. Let's get you home then. You need to sleep." Regan said and I nodded, following them out to their cars.

~Time skip- 24 hours~

"So. Tell me everything. And by everything, I mean everything." Kenedie said handing me a cup of tea. I just got off of work from the Diner and I was absolutely exhausted. "Well where do you want me to start then?" I asked her and she shrugged. "Anywhere. Oh! Let's start with the flight over there!" She said and I laughed. "Okay then. Whatever you say."

After I had told Kenedie everything that happened when I was in Washington, I think she was fangirling harder than Regan does when someone talks about Harry Styles. "Wait. So you kissed both of them?!" She asked me for the third time. I nodded my head and stared at the middle of the table. "And you have feelings for both of them!?" She asked and I nodded. "And it's like a like-like kind of feeling?!" She asked me and I nodded once again banging my head on the table. "And they both-" I cut her off by sitting up rather abruptly. "Yes! Okay? Yes!" I said and laughed. "Damn. Someone needs to pull the stick out of your ass." She said before walking off. "You're telling me..." I mumbled to myself smiling as I took the rest of my tea to my room.