Chapter 30

Riley's POV

I woke up the next morning to banging on the door. I groaned and rolled over, hoping one of the other girls would answer it. But the banging continued and soon enough I heard a quite call from the room next to me. "Can one of you girls get that?" I heard Gisselle call and Yoami also reply saying my name. "True friends." I said and brushed through some of my tangles with my hand as I made my way out of my room and to the door.

The person on the other side of the door knocked quite loudly once again and I grabbed onto the handle opening the door to reveal a very perky Max. "Hey do you want to go get breakfast?" He asked and I opened the door for him to step in. "Umm.. sure. Let me get dressed quick." I said and he mumbled an okay plopping down on the couch. "Is anyone else coming?" I said as I began to walk towards my room again. He stood up and followed me. "Nope. Just us." He said popping the 'p' in nope. I nodded my head and grabbed some clothes for the day, along with my hairbrush and makeup.

I walked into the bathroom and heard yet another knock on the door as I just began to close the door. "Are you kidding me." I mumbled to myself and walked back out of the bathroom shooting Max an annoyed look as I passed him. I heard him chuckle as I made my way down the hall once again and opened the door.

"Hey Gisselle. So you'll never believe-" A guy with short brown hair and brown eyes said as I opened the door and shot him a confused look. "Umm... I don't mean to be rude, but who are you?" I asked and he laughed. "I'm Gisselle's boyfriend. You are?" He asked and I smiled. "Oh I see. I'm one of her new roommates." I said and he smiled back at me. "Ethan." He said and shook my hand. "Riley." I said and we both laughed at the awkward moment. "Well I'll go get her then for you. Come in." I said and he stepped into the apartment just as Max walked into view. "Umm... Who's that?" He asked with worry and a hint of anger laced in his voice. "He isn't the other roommate is he? She told me it was two girls." He said and I laughed along with Max. "This is my.. best friend." I said with a tiny pause in the middle. "Okay good." He said and I saw a wave of relief wash over his face. "Well I'm just going to go get Gisselle now..." I said just to break the awkward silence between the three of us.

I walked down the long hall and stopped in front of Gisselle's door. I knocked three times and I heard a giant thump on the floor along with something on the lines of 'ow' echo from behind the door. "Gisselle, I think your boyfriend is here." I said in a really girly way. I heard some more shuffling on the ground before she opened the door revealing her for the first time since last night. "Ethan?" She asked and I nodded. "Okay. Tell him to give me like five minutes." She said and yawned before walking back into her room and softly closing the door.

I walked back out and saw Ethan and Max just awkwardly standing there, not really saying a word to each other making me giggle as I walked back into the kitchen. Both of their heads shot up in my direction and I just grabbed Max's wrist, pulling him back towards my room to save him from the awful silence between the two of them. "She'll be out in five." I said to him and he just nodded, pulling out his phone.

Max flung himself down on my bed as I returned back to the bathroom to get dressed. I quickly changed into some clothes to wear for the day, consisting of some dark blue jean shorts and a white top. Then I quickly brushed through my hair and my teeth before I walked back into my room feeling like a completely different person. "Let's go." He said getting up from my bed and leading me out of my room and back into the kitchen where we were met by three faces instead of just Ethan.

"We'll be back later to go shopping." I said trying to avoid any sort of questions, along with Yoami's stare as she raised an eyebrow at me and began to wiggle them as well. I felt a very familiar blush spread across my cheeks as Max and I made our way outside.