Chapter Fourteen- Getting to The Party

Rey and Ben were in his car , he was following her grandfather's car to her aunt's house .

"Okay .. So we've been dating for a while ... Since I was 15 ? "

"Okay -"

"And you asked for my grandfather's permission before you asked me out ... Our first date was going to the carnival at school "

"Okay carnival at school" Ben said .

"And then when when I turned 17 you proposed ... My grandfather said not till I'm older will I get married but I can be engaged ... One night at a party people spiked the drinks and I we got pregnant " Rey said .

"Spiked drinks ... Okay ... How many relatives do you have ?"

"too many ... For my aunts just say 'oh you're aunt blank ! Rey talks about you all the time ... Either she's the best cook , the most caring or she's prettier than I even said she was-"

"Why are you stressing ... It's just two days .. Besides -"

"No besides Ben ! My dad is gonna be here " Rey  sighed .

"And ?" Ben asked looking at her quickly .

"He hasn't seen me since I was 6... He's gonna just ... He gonna flip ! He's gonna yell and scream and threaten to take me to his stupid condo with his new wife who's like 22 and -"

"Calm down Rey ... No need to freak out you're gonna be fine ... Besides maybe he doesn't even know yet " Ben put his hand on her thigh .

She sighed and looked at him "I just don't want him to take me away ... I want this baby to grow up here ... With my grandpa and friends and your family -"

"I know Rey , don't worry ... Besides you're 17 he can't tell you what to do your grandfather is your guardian" Ben reassured her .

Rey smiled at him and then nodded . Ben turned up the radio . Suddenly 'Don't Threaten Me with A Good Time ' by Panic! At the Disco played .

Ben's hand , which was still on her thigh , was tapping to the beat.

"I'm a Scholar and a Gentleman... and I don't usually fall when I try to stand ... I lost a bet to a guy in a chiffon skirt , but I make this high heels work" Ben softly sang along.

"You have a nice voice " Rey said to him .

"No I don't -"

"You know ... Poe plays guitar... You two should maybe hang out sometime"

"Yeah" Ben said sarcastically.

Rey rolled her eyes at him. Then Ben parked at the hotel . "Okay ... You two have your own room , they messed up on the papers ... And how worse can it get ? She's already pregnant " Benjamin said handing Rey the key card.

"Can we go out our stuff up in the room then go to Aunt Amy's ?" Rey asked .

"I think that's smart" Benjamin said and walked to his room.

Ben grabbed Rey's bag and his own and then went in the elevator. "I could have grabbed my own bag you know" she said .

"You're pregnant-"

"I'm pregnant not broken" she said as the elevator opened to their floor .

Rey opened the door and then Ben walked in behind her . "Does your grandfather think that we're dating?" Ben asked .

"I don't think so why?" Rey asked .

"Because he got us a room with one bed" Ben said .

"Well ... We better go ... My family is all there and I really just wanna get day one with over with" Rey said .

"Wait!" Ben said . Rey turned and saw him "here ... It was my mom's promise ring ... Tell people it was her engagement ring ... "

"Uh okay?" She said .

"If we're engaged then you need a ring Rey" Ben rolled his eyes .

•[•]•

"You know the story right grandpa ?" Rey asked for the millionth time before he knocked on the door .

"Yes Rey ... Do you know the story?" He asked .

Rey rolled her eyes then Benjamin knocked on the door. The door opened and Rey's hand shot to Ben and held it.

"Benny ! Rey ! I'm so glad you could make it ... Oh who's this?" The lady asked .

"Aunt Amy this is Ben ... My fiancé" she said showing her ring.

"It's nice to meet you -" Ben said reaching his hand out for a handshake and then she pulled him for a hug.

"Aunt Amy ... You're gonna break him" Rey said .

"Oh! Well he's family now ! And with a little one on the way!" She said happily and looked at Rey's flat stomach.

Rey pulled Ben back his arm . "Come inside ! Everyone almost here" she said .

Rey held Ben's hand , not because she wanted to but because she had to be sure this wasn't a nightmare.

As soon as Rey and Ben stepped outside all her aunts ran to her and Ben.

-A.N.-
Sorry this a shorter chapter , but I'll have some more soon !

-Sorry this a shorter chapter , but I'll have some more soon !

- Joey

- Joey