60. A Complicated Thing (Final Chapter)

"Oh, I think I see it now

"Oh, I think I see it now." My fingers point to the ceiling and trace the letters. Yeah, there's the 'p' and the 'l' and... Yeah. It definitely doesn't spell 'peas'. I look toward the window to see Mason shaking his head at me, unimpressed.

"You're kidding right?" He gives me a blank look and I plaster on a cheesy grin. Yep. I am thick.

We decided to leave our windows open so that we can talk to each other. What's the point in a phone call when we live a few feet away from each other?

I was meant to go to bed an hour ago, but after another debate about Mason's spelling through the window, I crawled out of bed and decided to crouch on the rug and prove him wrong. I was so going to win this argument.

Except that I didn't.

"Okay, okay," I roll my eyes, "I'll give you the twenty dollars, just don't bring it up ever again."

"Done." His aquamarine eyes twinkle like jewels as he beams at me. It's like the gems have fallen out of his golden crown and landed on his face.

I can't fight this giddy feeling that has inhabited my body since last Saturday night. I don't understand it, but it's safe to say that I like it. It's not that I can't stop thinking about Mason, it's just that I don't really want to.

It got to the point that in our study session, Adam told me that there was no point in teaching a love sick puppy, because I could barely do a sum. Little did he know that that was just my terrible Math skills, but I was happy for the excuse.

"So, what are you doing on Saturday?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Working."

"Saturday night?"

I shake my head again, "Movie marathon with Katherine."

There's a thoughtful pause before he asks slowly, "What are you watching?"

"You can't come." I laugh and spin to watch him standing by his window, frowning.

"Why not?"

"We're watching a whole bunch of Nicholas Sparks movies, seen as its Kat's turn to pick."

He pulls a face and groans, "I'll wear headphones,"

I chuckle and switch on my Christmas lights before turning and begin rummaging through my closet for a goal I'm unsure of. Just something to stop me from getting sleepy as we talk, I guess. Maybe I'll refill my clothes. "I hardly think she'll appreciate you being there." I call back to him, and I can only imagine him rolling his eyes.

He doesn't answer and I'm about to check over my shoulder that he's still awake when I feel a warm breath on my neck. Goose bumps raise on every inch of my skin.

"But I hardly get any alone time with you." He mumbles, resting his hands on my waist. "It's like I have to fight another Anderson for you."

I lean back into his chest and laugh quietly. We've only been together for a week and a half and he's already complaining that Katherine is set on spending as much time as possible with me. "She's got her own boyfriend, you know." I remind him faintly and he brushes the hair away from my neck.

"Then," I can hear the smile in his voice, "Why don't they have a movie night together," He places a soft kiss between my shoulder and my neck. I hope he doesn't feel me shiver as my eyes flutter shut. "And we can have a movie night. You and I."

I have to force myself to shake my head in rejection at the idea. Though it does sound very enticing.

"We can watch Spongebob," He sings and I feel a grin instantly spread across my face. He knows me too well.

But I can't ditch Katherine. She'd kill me. And I need to get all the details about how things with Stanley are going, just like I'm sure she's looking forward to the details of Mason. Maybe.

"What about Sunday?" I finally turn to face Mason, finding him smirking in victory.

"Don't you have study with Adam?"

I feign a thoughtful expression, "Well, I'm not failing Math yet..."

Immediately, Mason is kissing me and grinning like an idiot. I can tell you, there has definitely been no dulling in the lightning bolts that strike me when he does that. "Sounds like a plan," He utters against my lips, before giving me one last kiss.

"Goodnight, Tori." He whispers and heads to the curtains fluttering along with my heart.

"Goodnight,"

"Pick you up at eight."

Instantly my smile turns to a grimace, "I am not getting on your bike again." That was the worst experience of my life. I felt like I had to pick the bugs out of my teeth for the rest of the day. Not to mention my hair.

"Oh, you will." He smirks confidently and I raise an eyebrow. Before I can ask, he winks at me, closes his curtains and switches off the light.

Fine, my inner voice grumbles, we'll just have to get revenge on his hair.

Again.

Maybe I'll put paint in in, like he did to me. Or shower him in urine and milk, or...

I may just have to return the endless list of favours Mason has gifted me with. And revenge is a complicated thing.

***********************************

A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS READ/VOTED/BEEN AWARE OF THE EXISTENCE OF THE RENOVATION COMPLICATION!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER OF THIS STORY. I DIDN'T WANT TO FULLY CLOSE THE ENDING BECAUSE I AM CONSIDERING A SEQUEL.

So, I guess the question is... Do you want a sequel? Would you like to see more of Tori and Mason and everyone else and how their characters have developed down the track. If I do write I sequel, I believe it will take place two years later, when Tori is in her senior year and Mason is in college and some real drama will go down (I've already thought of many ways to f*&k them over) ;)

My love goes out to all of you and once again thank you so much for sticking with me. <3

Love always, Me.

HEY GUYS, JUST REMINDING YOU THAT I HAVE PUBLISHED A POETRY BOOK AND AM SUPER EXCITED ABOUT IT - GO CHECK IT OUT www.lulu.com/shop/eva-hale/doors-to-nowhere/paperback/product-23304153.html