Chapter 12

JASON'S (pov)

I got out of my car and walked to the front door. Here it is. The moment of truth. What Jennifer needed to talk to me about. I rang the doorbell and her mom answered the door.

"Jason how are you?" She gave me a hug.

"Great. Uh is Jennifer here?"

"I believe she is in the back yard training Blue. Your welcome to check and see if shes there"

"Kay thanks"

I walked around to the backyard, and when I got there I saw Jenn sitting on one of the poolside chairs with her dog Blue on her lap. She looked like she was day dreaming or really thinking about something so I let her for a while. I realized she had her ipod earphones in and she was singing.

"Hit me like a ray of sun

Burning through my darkest night

You're the only one that I want

Think I'm addicted to your light

I swore I'd never fall again

But this don't even feel like falling

Gravity can't forget

To pull me back to the ground again

Feels like I've been awakened

Every rule I had you breakin'

The risk that I'm takin'

I'm never gonna shut you out

Everywhere I'm looking now

I'm surrounded by your embrace

Baby I can see your halo

You know you're my saving grace

You're everything I need and more

It's written all over your face

Baby I can feel your halo

Pray it won't fade awa--"

She stopped singing because Blue was barking at me . Stupid dog.

"Voice of an angel" I said to her barely whispering

"Jason hey, Um you heard that?"

I was scratching the back of my head because I had never heard her sing before in my entire life and she was really good at it. I decided that if she never told anyone she didn't want to so I decided to change the subject.

"Um. You wanted to talk to me?" I walked toward her and sat in another chair.

"Yes I did" She said her mood suddenly her changing.

I was going to say something but she spoke first.

"Before I say anything I just want you to know that I wanna talk first then when i'm done you may speak. Clear?"

I just shook my head and she started.

"listen Jason, I don't know why you did what you did by messing around with my and Daniels relationship and quite frankly it was none of your business. However you are my best friend and best friends try to work it out. You have always been there for me and the one time I needed you like last night for example you weren't there, and I woke up your brother. He stayed with me the entire day but he's just not you, I mean he looks like you but I needed you. There are many things that I need Jacob for and I love the fact that he was there last night, but I needed the one person who was always there when those dreams happen."