Part 23

Sorry again for the lack of updates! I understand you want to read them but I've been busy over the last few days but hopefully I'll get a few done this week if I can.

Zosia's POV

I smell burning when I eventually wake up.
I groan and gaze across the the alarm clock next to me.
My eyes take a while to focus but I manage to read 08:44. I overslept.
'Shoot.' I say, chucking my blanket off me and slipping on my slippers before jumping out of bed... 'Wait what?' I say, realising I'm in the lounge.
Ollie walks into the room.
'So you eventually woke up then.' He laughs.
'Thanks for waking me up!' I say slightly annoyed.
He looks baffled then suddenly panics rushes through him. 'The challenge!' He shouts.
I laugh as I hear him frantically getting ready.
At 08:59 we are both ready and drinking some water before Serena waltz through our door at 9 sharp just like she said.
'Good morning. Follow me.' She orders.
Ollie and I obediently follow her out of the flat and we walk for about 5 minutes until we are met by a very tired looking Raf and a grumpy Dom.
'I hope you had a good night sleep as today we are doing a run. This is purely about your fitness and pace! After all, the winner of the jungle must be fit.' My dad tells us.
Raf looks fairly confident, but tired. Dom just looks pissed, I am pumped and Ollie seems confident.
'There will be two bands of each colour at each point that you need to collect and bring to the finish line. There are 12 bands to collect. On your marks, set, go!'
And we are off, running for immunity in the vote off for Ollie and I or running for a chance are Raf and Dom.
I get to the first marker third, Ollie is in first followed by Raf and Dom is dawdling behind me. The order stays the same for the first 5 bands.
Ollie is long gone but I see Raf not too far ahead and overtake him. I take second place.
At the 9th marker Ollie's way ahead, I'm in a fairly comfortable second and Raf is ahead of Dom.
Raf is getting nearer and nearer to me and I can see the finish line now.
He overtakes me 20m away from the line.
No. I HAVE to win.
I inject all of my energy and pace and manage to cruise past Raf at the finish line.
I hug Ollie. 'How are you not tired?' I say. 'We were running for 27 minutes!'
'It only took me 16..' He laughs.
Dom passes the line after a good 32 minute 'run'.
We've won immunity.