Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

   Rebecka Sweet P.O.V

       I twirled the glass around in my hands, watching the olive dance around in the water.  Liam had came back, and would not stop talking about how nervous he was to see my dad.  I mean, I know my dad can be rude and all, but its not like if he hates Liam I'm going to care.  I barely ever see or talk to my dad.  He was never there for me, so why should I care?

   "I mean, if he doesn't like me, doesn't he have enough money to like, you know, blow me up?"  Liam asked.

    "I don't get what the big deal is, Liam.  Its not like I care what my dad says.  He never acknowledges I exsist, he's never around.  I don't get why you want to meet him.  There is nothing good in him, or about him.  Chicago sucks.  My home sucks.   There isn't any reason we should go there,"  I stated, taking the last gulp of my fourth Martini.  I had three Bloody Mary's, before switching to a Martini.

   Liam looked at me, a little confused.  "I think you've had a little to much to drink."

    "Why would you say that?"  I asked, turning around, motioning for the bartender to get me another.  "Shocked I actually said the truth?"

     "Ah, so your the honesty drunk.  The kind that likes to say exactly what needs to be said," He nodded.  "Well, it seems as if I was bound to find out this eventually."

     "I have no idea what your talking about.  I'm always over honest.  Clearly this shows you don't know me as well as you thought," I stated, popping an olive into my mouth.

     "I think you've had enough," Liam sighed, grabbing the drink from my hand.

     "No, thats mine," I growled, reaching to take it back.

       "Not anymore," He smiled, taking a sip of it.

      Angry, I crossed my arms over my chest, my lips forming into a pout.   "Well, then I guess that leaves me with no choice but to dance now, does it?"

    I smiled sweetly at Liam, before making my way into the sea of people dancing.  I caught no sight of Josh, Niall or Dez around.  

     "Shocking to see you still here by yourself," A familiar voice mused.

      I turned around to see Nathan standing there.  He had a smirk on his face, and a beer in hand.   "Boyfriend never show up?"

     I shook my head.  "No, he showed up.  Just got a little annoying."

     "Annoying?  Or are you just so drunk you wanted an excuse to get away from him?"  Nathan asked, stepping closer.

     "Sounds about right,"  I stepping closer to him as well, taking in his appearance more clear than before.  He had dark brown hair, about the shade of Harry's, and some stubble around his chin.  He couldn't be more than a year older than me.   He was well built, and tall.  Not bad looking in my opinion. 

     "Would you like to dance?"  He reached his hand over and took mine in his.  If I was a bit more sober, I may have pulled away.  But I didn't.

    I nodded my head, leaning in closer.   He seemed so familiar to me, like I should know him.  I felt something.  I couldn't say what it was, but something was there.  There was something about him, something that made me feel connected to him.

   The neon lights flashed, the music blared, yet time seemed to slow as I looked up to him.  Slowly he began to lean down.  Closer and Closer.  Finally, I broke the space, pressing my lips against his.  I wouldn't say it felt right, because it didn't.  Yet, it didn't feel wrong.