Chapter 8 - The not so graceful wearing of the boots

You: passing Emil his boots back and smiling
Here you go. Thank you for doing that. It means a lot.

Emil: giving back your shoes
Your welcome, your special to us.

You blushed and sat down on the couch putting your shoes back on. Suddenly you heard someone running down into the living room, where you were with Emil.

Mathias: standing in front of you with his hands behind his back, squealing
I FOUND THEM! THE KING IS HERE TO SAVE HIS QUEEN!

You stared at Mathias with a blank face and then up over into the kitchen were Tino, Lukas and Berwald stared with the same confusion, except Berwald flinched towards the sharpest object near him. You looked back at the Dane that looked like he needed to use the bathroom.

You: curious voice
What did you fin--

Mathias pushed the couch over knock both you and Emil down with your legs up. Mathias kept you still with one of his hands pushing you down and began and remove your shoes. The three in the kitchen came running down to stop Mathias from doing what ever he was gonna do to you; while Emil sprung up off the tipped over couch and trying to loosen the Dane's grip on you. You were deafened by pure fear and couldn't hear what was happening, but when you looked up towards the ceiling your (e/c) eyes meet with desperately struggling violet eyes that belonged Emil, as he tried to free you. You watched tears dropping from his mortified face onto your stunned body; he then stopped and backed away watching Mathias.

You: think to yourself
H-he stopped? Emil?

You clenched your teeth and eyes closed afraid of what was gonna happen; the couch suddenly flew back onto its legs and your body jolted from the sudden movement. Something felt odd.

You: leaning your head down towards your feet and looked down relaxing your tense face
B-boots?

You were wearing light toffee coloured laced up knee high boots. You lifted your head and saw three very breathless Nordics calming down after the incident and Mathias was just too happy to see you wearing the boots, but it looked like he also broke a sweat trying to fight his brothers while putting your boots on.

You: shaky tone
Thanks, but I could have put them on myself.

Mathias: sitting down next to you, putting has arm around your shoulder
True, but elsker (love) I think it is nicer when gifts come with surprises.

Everyone just stood there staring at Mathias like he was the most interesting thing every. Mathias broke the silence with a nervous laugh, then he gasped. Lukas was pulling down on Mathias's tie, making him gasp for air as he yelled at him in Norwegian; tightening his grip on the tie around Mathias's neck. You knew Lukas was talking about you, cause he said your name repeatedly; the others watched this happen without interfering, it seemed like they were silently agreeing too.

Tino: ending the fight and smiling
Why don't we go out horse ridding, since it is only early in the afternoon? I will make some snacks for the ride!

Tino ran up into the kitchen and began to prepare the rations of the ride before anyone said anything. Lukas realised what happened and released the gagging Dane.

Berwald: looking at you
Have you ever ridden a horse before?

You: giggling
Only the ones outside the grocery stores.

Berwald: mentally face palming
You have spent too much time around Mathias.

Mathias looked over at you and foolishly grinned.

Emil: walking over to you
I will show you how to; I know which horse will suit your lack of experience.

...

You were standing outside of a barn in the snow next to red roan coloured mare. Berwald had just finished saddling her up and helped you mount the young mare. Emil walked over and handed you a long navy blue cloak that had grey fur on the fringes of the cloak and your rations in the pocket.

Emil: patting your horse
Remember what I said about ridding? Don't worry she is a calm and gentle.

You nodded at Emil.

Emil: pointing at a bay coloured mare
I will be riding behind you on that horse; so I can keep an eye on you.

He walked away and mounted his horse. Everyone was wearing the same coloured cloak so it was hard to tell who's who, but the horses were an easy give away. You successfully got your horse moving and trailed behind Lukas, but rode side beside with Emil. You all rode through a snow covered forest; you couldn't help but feel so free while trotting and weaving your way through the trees. The note Mathias wrote was right; they weren't going to lock you away like a glass angle, you got to use dangerous weapons and ride a horse through a winter forest all in your first day. Your mind began to wonder about what you were going to do tomorrow and the day after that, and the day after that.

You: thinking to yourself
Wait! How long am I gonna be staying with the Nordics?

You have managed to grow attached to the brothers in less than a day and never thought of how long you were going to stay here for. Your heart began to hurt; you didn't want to leave Emil, Tino, Berwald, Mathias and Lukas. You felt like your soul belonged with the Nordics, but that's how you felt around Romano too.

You: whispering to yourself
Romano?

You had not thought about him this whole day, other than this morning. Your mind began to wonder about Romano and the others, wondering is they knew you were here or if they missed you? Tears began streaming down your face. You heard a worried voice chasing after you.

Emil: galloping after you screaming
_____! _____! STOP YOUR HORSE! _____!

You then realised that your horse was spoked by the blizzard that just began and you couldn't see anyone else or hear anyone other than Emil chasing after you. You tried to stop the horse, but she bolted around the forest bucking and rearing up. You flew off and hit a tree, your last glimpse of consciousness showed you Emil dismounting his horse and running towards you.

==================================================================================

Already attached, eh? Nah I can't blame you, I would be too if I meet the Nordics. Wait, I might already be attached to the icey fellas. XD

Thank you ever so much for reading and have a great day/night or whatever in between.

~BlueTimeFly