Chapter 18 - Less tourist-ish

You both walked a thumbs width away from each other as you walked shoulder to shoulder along cobble stone streets, with big old buildings on your left and a river canal to your right where Romano was walking. You saw people strolling past speaking Italian; this was the first time you have ever heard so many people talking in Italian at once which seemed odd at first, but slowly brought out your Italian side.

Romano: whispering to you as you both walked
Cercate di non agire come un turista. (Try not to act like a tourist)

You: looking over at him while walking
Perché? (Why)

Romano: whispering under his breathe while acting normal
persone cercheranno di approfittare di voi . (people will try to take advantage of you) Principalmente raccoglitori tasca. (Mainly pocket pickers)

You softly nodded your head and concentrated back on where you were walking, but your attention was soon grasped by a jewellery store. You stopped in your tracks and glanced through the store's window admiring all the jewellery on display. You heard Romano release a sigh and stood behind you, glancing over your shoulder.

Romano: rolling his eyes and mumbling in disgust
Spazzatura , nemmeno vale i soldi . (Rubbish, not even worth the money)

You glanced in the direction that Romano was looking at and giggled.

You: smirking
Perché state verificando gli anelli ? (Why are you checking out the rings)

His eyes widened and pulled his face away from the window, looking over at you. You smiled and directed his eyes over to a (colour) locket shaped as a (shape).

You: pointing at the locket
Ora che è ben fatto ! (Now that is well done) Vera opera d'arte ! (True piece of art)

You whipped your head around and noticed how intensely Romano was looking at the locket.

You: bored
Consente di andare a fare qualcosa . (Lets go do something)

Romano: braking his intense stair and handing you money
C'è un vender gelato lì , andare a prendere tutti e due un po ' ; tutto il sapore . (There is an gelato vender over there, go get us both some; any flavour) Ho bisogno di richiamare qualcuno . (I need to call up someone) Ricordate di non agire come un turista . (Remember not to act like a tourist)

You nodded your head and walked away from the store's window leaving Romano standing there. You spotted a gelato vending cart through a sea of people, so you walked through it casually tempting not to appear abnormal. From the corner of your eye you saw two men walking up to you; the placed themselves on either side of you. This caused you to stop and stand still, fear began to race through your veins but you remembered what Romano said.

Stefano: smiling and standing in front of you
Hello a~Bella. I am a~Stefano and a~this a~is my a~amico (friend)~Giovanni.

Giovanni: locking eyes with you
Are you a~a turista? You a~seem a~lost a~or a~am I a~lost a~in your a~eyes a?

The two Italian men stood in front of you waiting for a response, you saw them catch a few overall glances of you and then smirked at each other. They sent off strong vibes that you didn't like, but you didn't know how to respond. The two began to mumble things to each other under their breath in Italian.

Giovanni: mumbling to Stefano
Dove pensi che lei è da ? (Where do you think she is from)

Stefano: mumbling with a sly smile on his face
So solo dove si sta andando essere stasera. (I only know where she is gonna be tonight)

Giovanni: mumbling with the same smile
Ricordo che deve essere condivisa . (Remember she needs to be shared)

Stefano: mumbling
Questo è tutto fino alla ragazza , non si sentono triste quando lei pensa che io sia -- (That is all up to the girl, don't feel sad when she thinks i am --)

You: calmly chiming in
Yeah, I don't like what you both are talking about. If your interested in doing this kind of thing to helpless female tourists, I can get my friend over here to 'help' you both; he loves 'helping' people, especially those who mess with the innocent.

The two men were pale in the face, they didn't make a sound.

You: waving your hand around towards the store
Romano, you have some people over here who want to talk to you!

The two men tried to stop you, but you continued to try get Romano's attention. They apologised and ran away from you.

You: waving goodbye to the men
Arrivederci! (Goodbye)

You then continued on with your way over to the vending cart with a proud smile on your face, you bought the gelato and began to walked back over to Romano. As you approached Romano you saw him quickly shove something back into his pocket with a sweet little smile on his face.

You: handing him the gelato
Sorry it took so long, I now know what you mean by not to acting like a tourist; even tho I wasn't I think.

Romano: biting into the gelato with a concerned look on his face
What a~happened a?

You: chuckling
Two guys came over to me and tried to get me to 'stay over night'. I schooled them SOO good!

Romano: widening his eyes and pulling the gelato away from his lips
What a?!? Did they a~hurt a~you a?!?

You: giggling
You should ask them that! I properly shocked them enough to give them a heart attack!

You began to lick away at the gelato, while Romano intensely stared into the crowd of people with an angry look across his face. You looked up and felt a small raindrop land on your bare shoulder; rain clouds began to form and darken the bright day.

Romano: frowning into the sky
We a~should a~go a~home a~before a~it a~rains a.

You: grabbing Romano by the hand and began skipping back to the Ferrari
Don't need to tell me twice, dibs on driving!

Romano: patiently following you
You a~don't a~have a~Italiano license a.

==================================================================================

I want gelato like crazy now after writing this, PLEASE MAGICALLY GIVE ME A SHOP THAT SELLS GELATO IN MY TOWN! XD
Is there anyone who ships Poland and America, cause I just meet a person at my school who was          Polish X American. Honestly tho, somewhere in the internet that must be a thing, right?
Comment if you have any interesting heritage; cause it's just supper interesting seeing different combinations.  I'm Finnish X Australian   <--- I'm sinking my beautiful ship LONG LIVE SUFIN! XD

Thank you very much my precious readers, by seeing that people actually do read this warms my heart, to the point where I'm yelling to the roof tops; I forget about my neighbours existence XD

~BlueTimeFly