0.2

You were making your way back to the café, remembering everything that you had spent doing all night and most of the morning, practicing. You practiced the thing that you learned all night and day until you could do it backwards. But then you stopped in your tracks.

The barista was there again, but today she wasn't scheduled for work. She came out on her own free will... to see Grayson. She was so close to him that this time it upset you; you really wanted to go over there and pull her away from Grayson, but you had to act more civil. He was staring at her with a forced smile, feeling really uncomfortable. Then she quickly grabbed his face and pulled in for a kiss, crashing her lips against his.

You quickly turned around so you were no longer looking at them; you wanted to cut that image from your mind, but you couldn't, not when it hurt you so much, and pain demanded to be felt. Your breath was caught in your throat as you began to leave the café, much like you did the previous day. You felt hot, angry tears began forming, but you knew that most of the tears were from the pain that you were feeling. Grayson kissed someone else. All those hours that you spent looking up a way to tell him that you loved him, only for it to be useless because Grayson kissed someone else.

Only, you didn't see the way Grayson quickly pushed away the girl glaring at her and shaking his head in disappointment towards her actions. You also didn't see the way his expression faded when he saw you walk away. He was ashamed because he knew that you saw what just happened. He had to make it right because he loved you.

You made it home and immediately shut the door behind you. You leaned against the door and began to let your tears fall. Your heart ached and you wondered why you even fell in love with Grayson to begin with. You should have guessed that even he would leave you if someone better came along. But you knew that you fell in love with him because he was your best friend and he was everything that you were looking for; he made you feel special and loved, something that no one else made you feel. He made you laugh without even trying, he was everything you wanted, but now you couldn't have him.

You heard a knock on the door, and you were really going to let it go, you didn't want to face anyone now. The frantic knocking made you get up and see who it was. You opened the door and you were then greeted with a pair of hazel eyes, it was Grayson. Your chest tightened again, the image of him kissing that girl coming to mind.

You were about to shut the door in his face until he held the door open. He was preventing you from closing it; he was a lot stronger than you thought. You kept trying to close the door until you heard an odd noise, "ugh!"

You stopped trying to close the door. It was a strange noise, but definitely human. You looked up to see Grayson with pained eyes, almost as if asking you to give him a chance to explain. And you did. His mouth opened and closed like a goldfish as he tried to make a noise. "She..." he looked confused for a moment as he continued,"k-ki-kiss...m-me," he finished, taking slow pauses between each word. Your eyes were wide as you watched him attempt to speak. "B-but...I...p-push-ed... h-h-her. I d-don't... l-li-like...h-her," he breathed.

A small smile grew on your lips, and you let out a soft, breathy laugh. He didn't like her, there was still a chance that you could have your happy ending with him.

You looked up at him and saw that he was giving you a kind, apologetic smile. You closed your eyes for a moment as you tried to remember what you learned online. You pointed at Grayson. "You..." you pointed to your ear, and then made a small wavy line down to the floor, "sound..." you waved your hand in a circular motion around your face, "beautiful..." you opened your eyes and he smiled a smile that was hard to describe. It seemed like he wanted to cry but was trying hard not to. He ended up letting a few tears fall down his blushed cheeks, for no one had ever really tried to learn sign language for him.

"You... s-sign?" he asked, giving you a grateful look.

You made a few more signs and included your words. "You speak?"

A grin grew on his lips. You remembered that you had one more thing to say to Grayson. You replayed in your head what you needed to do to sign your message. You pointed to yourself, "I..." then brought your arms up to your chest like an x, almost to hug yourself, "love..." and then pointed at him, "you."

Grayson let out a deep breath, replaying what you just signed over and over in his mind. He quickly took your face in his hands and pulled you up to him. He softly pressed his lips against yours, wanting your first kiss with him to be perfect and full of the love that he had for you. Your lips molded together. You pulled him closer, letting out all of your love for him in this one kiss, so he would know that you truly loved him. You could feel your body tingle with how tender this kiss was, it was perfect. You emptied your mind; the only thought in your head was Grayson and his addicting smile.

Soon you needed to breathe and he let go of your lips, pressing his forehead against yours.

"I-I...l-love...y-you...t-t-too", he spoke as clearly as he could before kissing you again.

This was officially the fastest relationship ever. Even though people say that, that's not good, for you don't really have enough time to get to know the person; who cares..I love him and that's all that matters. As long as we're happy.