0.9

"Where are we g-going?" Grayson groans, covering his face with the sheets.

Gray is sprawled out on the bed, arms stretching from behind his head and his legs covering half of the bed.

"To your appointment," I reply, shaking his leg for him to get up.

"What appointment?" He jumps up, his eyes widen in shock but then again in a perplexed way. His eyes mask his bewildered emotion.

"Don't question me, just get up and get dressed. Leave the curious cat behind."

He groans as he jumps up, brushing his teeth, and washing his face. The steamy shower comes to life as he jumps in.

Fifteen minutes later and he's already dressed in a black shirt, dark blue jeans rolled up at the bottoms and low top black vans.

"Now lets go tiger," I joke as I grab his hand, running my fingers through his soft highlighted hair. A mumble in return.

"I love you," Grayson mumbles, smiling that cheeky smile.

"Love you equally," I sign, wanting this time to be more unique than any other time when words squeezes it's way in.

A big prominent smile reveals itself on his face.

"Bet you forgot I learned sign language just for you."

--

"Dolan Grayson," The lady at the desk calls.

"Hey there, here for your appointment right?" The lady smiles her award winning smile.

"Yes, ma'am, at 8:30" I state.

"Well just go through the main door and into room 234, you'll meet Ms. Venda is right there waiting for you."

"Me or you?" Grayson whispers with a slight stutter.

"You," I pat his shoulder.

As we walk to the door, my trembling fingers reach for the door, pulling it open slowly. I don't know why I'm so nervous, but I just am.

"Right this way Grayson," Dr.Venda leads us.

The room is quiet colorful. There's a city that shows where the sun sets and the ocean is at ease. The main emphasis, a unknown sexed figure appears to be reaching high for the sky.

"It references the big quote that you should always look up, and reach high for the sky. That to never have your head down. Everyone seeks greatness," Ms.Venda smiles as she observes Grayson's medical history.

"Wh-what is this a-app-appoint-appointment f-for?" Grayson asks as his eagerness kicks in.

"It's to check you out about your hearing problems. You're deaf, and since I'm well known for creating what we call "GTC Hearing Aid SNC" I will create you one."

"You'll allow me to hear again?" Grayson's voice raises as he furrows his eyebrows, surprise laced in his voice.

"Of course, but for right now I'll just need to check your ears and the size and all of that boring Jaffa foo," she chuckles.

She grabs measuring tape and some sort of unknown tool as she looks into his ear and measures every inch of his ear.
--

"Basically we're all done, I'll contact you next week to assure you everything's okay and the date for when we will try out his hearing aid and allow him to take it home and do a few runs with it."

"And the price?" I ask.

She stops fixing her hair a little as she steps back a little. She turns around to her computer that sits on a sort of stand that's raised to her height. She continues to type on her keyboard.

"We'll discuss that at a later time, but for right now all you need to worry about is my next call to assure you about the properties of his hearing aid and what to expect, cheers."

"Okay," I nod as I grab Grayson's hand, walking out of the room and out of the building.

"Is everything okay?" Grayson asks me.

"Ye-yeah everything's fine. Something's just strange about the aura around her when I brung up the money."

"I don't need that aid if it costs you a lot. I do enjoy staring at your lips though," Grayson smiles, head hung low as he lowers his hand to grip my waist instead of my hand.

What a catch we have here. I wouldn't ever think I'd find such a perfect guy, disabled or not. He's mine.