1.9

After dealing with that loss, Shelly ended up stopping by my house to watch after me. Even though I told her I didn't need it, she insisted that she didn't want another person she cared for to die, that she'd be once again forlorn.

We watched movies, and did anything to get Grayson off of my mind. None worked, I always kept crying. Every time I was to fall asleep, I'd feel like something was wrapping around me. As if Grayson was holding me tight while I slept. I just wish I could've done something better, I wish I knew this was gonna happen. Maybe there were signs, how could I've not known that this was gonna happen?

And now I understood, I understood everything. Everything revolved around money, and money kills you. Being broke kills you, being rich gives you a longer life, gives you more opportunities, chances. Now I understand that my father died because of money, and I also understand that Grayson died for the same reason. If I was rich, I could've gotten the better hearing aid, and maybe it wouldn't have blown up. But why give someone something that wasn't tested for explosions. It was so sudden.

--
Shelly and I ended up getting takeout and bringing it home. Even though I hardly ate, nor did I speak as much, Shelly still managed to cooperate with me. Her belly now bigger than before, and her posture changing. Her belly poking out and pushing for more room as her body is leaned back.

A distant ringtone is heard as Shelly gets up to get it. My arms wrapped around my knees that are pushed up to my chest. Grayson's 1-800 sweater on my small body. My hair in a lazy ponytail and my face showing grief.

"It's for you, it's someone by the name of Dr.Venda," Shelly speaks, as she hands me the phone, her face showing sympathy.

"Hello?" I answer, my hand weakly holding the phone as my voice is weak and dry from all the crying I have been doing behind Shelly's back.

"Hello, this is Dr.Venda," the lady introduces herself, her voice slightly different and more calm and kind, soft and steady.

"Yes, I know who you are. You killed my boyfriend and you just stood there, you called the doctors in to take him away and didn't let me see him. You watched them throw him in the bag like trash and toss him in the truck. You didn't even try to help. You never even warned me about the errors the aid had. And what, you expect me to forgive you? And now I-" she cuts me off, confusion covering her voice.

"Excuse me, Gracie right? The person who assigned an appointment for Grayson Dolan?" She asks, trying to make sure she has the right person.

"Yes, how could you forget? We had appointments with you for weeks. Almost a month, just to help Grayson get help. He was deaf. How could you forget after that tragic moment?!" I spat, my hands shaking and tears falling down my cheeks. Shelly runs over to comfort me as she runs her hands through my hair, reminding me of what Grayson would do when I was angry.

"Excuse me ma'am, we've never met, and I was calling to ask if you were gonna attend this weeks appointment since you haven't attended any of the appointments you signed up for," she implies, her voice speaks through the phone quickly, she's perplexed.

"I've been attending your appointments! I've went to your building right on grovester ave and I've even went to get the surgery done for Grayson. You've even took money out of my account which killed Grayson, and even I paid extra just to get his hearing aid, even when money was taken out of my account! You can't simply play dumb," I yell through the phone, anger coursing through my veins as tears are now falling freely from my eyes, like a rain shower.

"Have you even heard of identity theft? Let's just say that the Doctor you were attending who was supposed to be me wasn't me. Grovester Ave doesn't have a doctors office," there's a short pause as the line is silent. My hands wiping away the excess tears,"Yes, wait no that's impossible. He can't be alive, he died weeks ago....why didn't you tell me sooner that he was alive. We could've informed the family sooner. What's the patients name?" I hear the doctor speak. Her voice is distant as she seems to be talking to another doctor or someone else away from the phone.

What I hear next shocks me, my body jolts and my heart stops, my throat drying up, Shelly's eyes widening and her body standing up as she runs her hands through her hair, "Ethan, Ethan Dolan has survived.