1.8

As you grab Grayson's hand, you notice his ear. Crimson trickling down his ear, pain in his eyes. Your heart now broke in one million pieces; wanting Dr.Venda to help him. He didn't deserve this pain. But all you see is her emotionless eyes and still body, as the chair just rocks from side to side and her typing comes to an end on her keyboard.

A loud bang then erupts the room as the room falls into a deep silence. The silence you'd hear when the monitor in a doctor's office would jolt to a stop meaning the heart is no longer with us.

"W-what's going on?" You call out in fear as you grab the sides of Grayson's lowered head.

You lift his head up to look into his eyes, the hazel color lightly draining with each second. The hazel turning a green, then a dark shade of brown. His body slightly relaxing. He's breathing quickly, like he's a fish out of water. His minty breath hitting your face with each breath he takes. Dr.Venda opens her mouth to say something, closing it in fear of saying something that may be upsetting to you.

"He's dead," you whimper, your lips thinning and your eyes becoming glossy.

"Grayson wake up, baby," you call out, holding his face in your hands while grazing your thumb over his still plump lips. Your hands are the only thing holding his head up, for he's to weak to do it on his own.

The crimson trickling down your hand, falling to your elbow and dripping onto the white tiled floor. He's gone. The boy who made you laugh. The boy who would always write on your College packets, giving you the answers.
The boy who was afraid of his voice, who always wanted to hear one thing, your voice. The world. The boy who was generous and warm hearted, the light in the darkness. He was gone.

As they say 'things sometimes never change. It's like a pattern' I once thought I'd never have to worry about finding someone who's never gonna leave me, yet it happened. Just not in the same way.

I found my way out of the labyrinth. I was never mean't to fall in love, have someone to be with me forever. I was cursed with loneliness, heartbreak.

Grayson never got to say his four wishing words.

Will you marry me?

We never got to have kids, nor did we get to listen to the birds chirping in the morning, or the sound of each others voices, and that cheeky smile that he would give in return. All of that due to just one thing, sound. Something he hasn't heard in forever, something that was missing from his life.

He was so young, he had a future. He was smart, and was persistent. He could've gotten any job or anything he wanted with his demeanor, yet that's fine too.

Like he said before, he wanted to fly, like Ethan.
-------------------------