1.2

Grayson's pov

As I enter Ethan's room, all I see is a pale faced, bewildering faced boy.

"You won't believe what happened!" I shout, my smile widening ear to ear.

"Well sorry to break the bad news first, you probably won't believe this either, but the doctors said I'll make it," Ethan's smile is contagious, his eyes glistening with hope.

"Bro, I-I can't b-b-believe it! You'll be able to fulfill your dream of becoming an actor and maybe even being a doctor if that doesn't work out."

He laughs, "yeah, maybe I'll even start a family and get a proper girlfriend and not some sex doll."

"Hey, if a freak can get a beautiful girlfriend, what makes you think a total normal dude like yourself c-can't get a girlfriend," I lighten the mood, filling the room with laughter. A place where you're supposed to grieve; a place where I planned to say goodbye to my brother, but instead I am deferred from doing that.

Two of the only people who make me happy are here, and I wouldn't give this moment up for anything. If only Gracie could come in and see Ethan too.

"So what's going on with you and that girl?" Ethan asks.

"Gracie, she's absolutely amazing. She wants me to get a hearing aid and all of that. I may even do it just for her."

"That's amazing man, so proud for my little bro. She better be treating you right, or I'll get my niece to chomp her out," Ethan's nose wrinkles as he laughs uncontrollably.

"Yeah, no need for that. She's doing everything she can to make me happy; even if I make it hard for her to get on the same level as me."

"Yeah, totally understand that. That's a relationship for ya. I mean at least you didn't pick that waitress from the coffee shop. The one who tried to hit on both of us because of our looks," he grabs a tissue wiping his nose, " you deserve a girl who loves you for what's inside, not what's outside. Not even for what's below the belt."

My eyes widen, "hey, never that. I mean I did make a mistake of going to her and believing she cheated on me with you. I mean, I even kissed the girl. Just seeing Gracie's face hurt me deep inside. I knew just by her face that she loved me, and that our love for each other was neck deep."

"Yeah, I'm proud, never knew my little bro could snatch a girl before the all time snatcher," he jokes.

"What are you? Is my big bro in there? Who let hoe Ethan get out of his cave?"

"Anyways, when I get out, I hope to catch up on things with you. Maybe I'll even wipe your ass; I mean I missed you more than you can imagine. Just sitting in this hospital having people care for me sucks. I'm an independent person, it kills me when people have to do things I could simply do myself," Ethan sighs, "when I saw that car zooming down the street, I knew something bad was gonna happen. My gut told me to turn around, and when I did.. I saw you. Just hearing Gracie yell your name, scared me; I knew my time to make a decision was running out. I couldn't think quick enough so I let my body do the thinking. I instantly ran and pushed you out of the way. I felt as if I was floating, the pain in my body was at ease as my mind shut off. All I saw was darkness, I was in a state of peace."

"I-I don't know what to say, I just thought you were dead when I saw you lying there."

Ethan just shakes his head, a smile forming on his lips.

"Your papers that you need to sign are being printed out. You'll be out of here as soon as those papers are signed; and your clothes are in room 325, we'll get them as soon as possible Mr.Dolan," the doctor assured Ethan with a bright smile, "I'm glad you survived such a tragic moment."