1.7

"So you're saying that he has panic attacks and he's deaf?" The Doctor at the main desk states as we get ready for Grayson's appointment with Dr.Venda.

"Yes, but I'm just telling you so you'd understand that when he gets his hearing aid and he feels like it's too much pressure, he'll start hyperventilating," I assure him, his eyes widening and his fingers typing away at his keyboard.

"Aw man, life is short," he mumbles, loud enough for me to hear.

"Life isn't short, your dick is," I blurt, Grayson staring at me in astonishment. His fingers lacing around mine and pulling me towards the nearby couch.

"I w-was gonna kiss you until you said those dirty w-words. You need to wash your dirty mouth with soap, Gracie, you have filthy mouth," he laughs, his cheeks turning red.

"You nervous?" I question, my hand squeezing his a little tighter, but not to tight.

"Yeah, but with you by my side allows me to feel invincible."

-
After 40 minutes, Dr.Venda enters the room, "Grayson, Gracie. So sorry for the wait," she breathes, her face covered in sweat.

As she guides us to her room, she sets up her equipment which include bandages, a few metal objects and the small hearing aid. She gestures Grayson to sit down on the cushioned table that had a light over it. His feet dangled off of the table, and his fingers fiddled with each other.

"Okay, so I want you to stay still and this will be quick," she states.

She sanitizes her hands and takes the hearing aid out of its box. She then cleans it off and measures his ear with it, his face squeezing up, "its cold," he laughs.

"That's okay, it's metal, it wouldn't be warm unless someone else had it on, which they haven't. That's unsanitary and can lead to multiple diseases," she conveys, her hands moving the hearing aid into his ear where it's still visible, "I'll be right back,"

"You sure you want to do this? I mean, I don't want you to do this for me, I want you to do what you want. What you think is best. Even though I would love you being able to hear me, and all the things we could finally do together; I would also love the thought of you making your own choices and not being demanded or told to do something you deep down don't want to do."

"Gracie, hush, I want to d-do this. I'd love the heat your voice. I'd love to look into your eyes instead of staring at your lips all the time, which I love. Everything I'm doing is for both you and me. Every choice I made was my decision with your help," he retorts back before Dr.Venda enters the room again.

Dr.Venda then took the hearing aid out to numb his ear.

"Why are you numbing his ear?" I ask, as Grayson winces at the needle entering his ear.

"This is to put the hearing aid all the way in, if it wasn't all the way in, it would fall out and this would all be a waste."

As she pushes the tweezers in with small tongs, his ear starts to bleed. Little by little, blood drips from his ear down his side burns and onto the cover the doctor put over Grayson to prevent the blood from getting on his clothes.

--
It had been seven weeks since the surgery and to Grayson, those seven weeks have been the longest seven weeks in his whole life, but the wait was finally over. He would no longer have to worry about changing his bloody bandages, something that he did regularly the first few weeks after his surgery. He would no longer have to worry about the special way to take care of his stitches and maybe the dizziness and taste disturbance would soon be gone too. But Grayson, glad about no longer having to go through life with assistance, since he would finally be able to hear the world around him. And as he looked over to your sleeping figure, today would be the last day he would wonder what you sound like. It all ended today, when he went to his doctor, to finally turn on his cochlear implants or what is also known as the hearing aid.