2.1

"Um, Ethan," Shelly mumbles.

"Yes?" His head turning to stare at her, his smile dropping when he sees her frown, the empathetic look on his face.

"E-Grayson's gone," she utters, her fingers fiddling with each other, the same way they did when she announced that she was pregnant.

"What? Sorry, couldn't hear you," he blurts out, not convinced with Shelly's answer.

"It's true, E, that's why I started crying. I just, it reminded me of Grayson and I just- he's gone, I can't get over it," I mutter, tears falling down my cheeks.

"You're lying, he can't be dead. He was- how'd he die!" He spat. Shelly jumps, Ethan running his hands through his hair as he walks towards Shelly, wrapping his hands around her waist.

"He got the hearing aid, a-and it blew up in his ear. It damaged his brain and I guess the impact killed him."

Ethan drops to the floor, his hand in Shelly's as he cries into her sweater. His face on her stomach as he starts sobbing. Shelly kneeling down, almost not able to due to the baby, but she manages to get there. She wraps her arms around his head and mumbles to him. Her soft voice humming to him.

"Talk to your baby, Ethan. Express your feelings to her," Shelly breathed. Ethan's head jolting up to look at her.

"M-my baby?" He questioned quizzical, "how? W-we never had sex."

"We were drunk, E. I don't know, I guess we didn't use protection. But it's here. I t-thought you were dead so I d-don't know what to do," her voice lowers, Ethan's hands grabbing Shelly's as he pulls her up.

"You need to get rid of it!" He blurts out.

"W-what? Ethan I'm almost due. Ethan I have 3 more months."

"I don't care, I can't deal with the baby right now, it's just that, I'm not ready. I-this is to much at once," Ethan states tight lipped.

"Eth-" she cuts off.

"I said GET RID OF IT! I'm not having a fucking child when my brother just died. You know what, have it. Have the baby, but don't expect me to help out all the time. Like I said, I'm not ready. I understand if we were sober and we did it, but you don't have my approval."

"You know what, I'll have it, but don't think that I'll just let you come back so easily," she whimpers as she gathers her things to leave, she looks at me, disappointed," and you don't say anything after I've been here to help you."

"I-I don't know what to say, this has nothing to do with me Shell, just give him time," I suggest.

--
After Shelly left, all Ethan did was cry and punch holes in the walls of my room. I wanted to tell at him for doing so, but I chose to let him be. After all, Grayson is his twin and this is Ethan's way of getting rid of pain compared to my violent and dangerous way of getting rid of pain, which I haven't done yet.

As I lay down on the couch, a few grunts and bangs erupting the house, I fall into a deep slumber,"Gracie," Ethan muttered.

I opened my eyes to stare at his soft hazel ones. His knuckles red and a few bruised, as he moves a few strands out of my face.

"Go to sleep in your room, I'll sleep out here," he offers.

"No-no Ethan, sleep in my bed, I'm fine here."

Ethan's rebellious self picks me up and brings me to my bed, his hand accidentally grabbing my butt,"sorry."

He lays me down as he turns to leave,"Ethan, please sleep here with me," I sleepily speak. His eyes meeting my sleepy ones as he gets into bed with me,"I love you, Grayson."