0.3

"W-why do you love me?" Grayson asks as he lied on his side, running his hands through your hair. His voice sounded as if he's drowning. Drowning In the foreign silence that comes with the package of being deaf.

"I love you because you're unique, you're different. You don't conform with your surroundings like most do. And you don't focus on your looks and act all conceited like everything's about you. You're generous and many other things. That's why I love you," I reply, kissing his forehead as I get up to brush my teeth.

I had forgotten that he was deaf until I perceived the book on my nightstand; the notebook that we used to communicate with each other.

"But I do try to conform, it just doesn't work like everything else in my life."

This shocks me, I thought he didn't understand me, yet I was wrong. He read my lips just fine, "well don't conform. I like the way you are. Now come brush your teeth, cheese master," I laugh as a stand up and walk towards the bathroom to grab my toothbrush. I put toothpaste on it and put it under the running faucet before brushing my teeth.

"Grace," He groans, "I'm no cheese master, and I need a toothbrush." Grayson follows behind me.

"Here," I hand Grayson a spare toothbrush as I smile at him with a toothpaste smile.

How pleasing.

"Y-you look like you've just killed a bunch of marshmallows," Grayson shakes his head as he chuckles.

"I will never eat marshmallows again after that movie about food coming to life," I inform him after rinsing the toothpaste out of my mouth.

"P-please slow down when you speak. I can't keep up; it's like when you're on a treadmill and you have to keep up with the speed the treadmill is accelerating at."

"Okay, but since we don't have to write in our book anymore, what should we do with it?" I ask, hoping he wouldn't want to throw away all our canned memories.

"Let's keep the book and one day read it to our children," Grayson smiles whilst holding my hand, "Grace I want you to be my anchor on the days I feel sad, a-and even if I stutter or sound completely dumb sometimes just know that I love you."

My cheeks reddened at his statement, "what are you talking about?" I caress his cheek, "I love you more than anything. You are the only person in my life at the moment, so please just stop with the nonsense."

"Just know that in a rose with all red petals, only one is white," he mumbles as he starts brushing his teeth.

Why'd he quote something so poetic? And why'd he want to conform with everyone else? After all, you may be a colorful rose but that doesn't mean you have to change to be a red rose because out of all the hostility and blankness in this world, only one person can paint my world rainbow, and that's the café boy, Grayson, Grayson Bailey Dolan.