2.4

I fell asleep with a fire in my heart that wouldn't go out, even with Ethan next to me, the thought of Grayson would not go away. Guilt filled my head and I felt bad about sleeping with his brother, I felt bad about replacing him and I felt bad that I was currently breaking his promise. I couldn't forget him because he was the only person on my mind all day.

"Why?! Why does this have to happen to me? I'm such a horrible person, my life is a wreck," I sob, "I'm sorry Grayson, I'm sorry for breaking your promise and I'm sorry for sleeping with your brother, for using him to not forget you. I'm sorry, I love you."

I kneel on the bathroom wall as I hold my head in my hands, tears wetting my palms.

I shiver as I stand up and exit the bathroom.

My phone dings signaling that I have a new message.

Ethan twists and turns in bed as he rubs his eyes and stares at me with sleepy eyes, "you okay, love?" He questions.

"Yeah, totally fine. Get some rest, I'm just going to wait for Bailey to wake up so I can feed her." I look at Bailey and for some weird reason, she's looking at the pile of dirty clothes that lay in the corner by her crib.

"Baaaa," she mumbles.

I walk to her crib and pick her up as she averts her eyes to the pile of clothes still. I look at the clothes and notice Ethan's 1800 sweater.

I gasp as I walk out of the room and hold back a few tears.

"Daaaa Daaaa," Bailey whines.

She reaches behind me as I shiver again.

"It's cold," I think.

I walk to thermostat as I check the temperature. The temperature is fine.

"Love, who's Cafe boy?" Ethan calls out from the room.

"G-Grayson, why?" I reply, my heart pounds as I head towards the room.

"Look." Ethan holds up my phone so I can see the message.

One new message from: Cafe Boy

I forgive you
Today 8:02 am

I love you
Today 8:02 pm

I get dizzy as I look at the messages.

"It's probably someone pranking you or something," Ethan sighs.

"I guess." I hand Bailey to Ethan as I put my hair into a bum to keep it out of my face.

"Daaa Daa," Bailey mumbles again as she stares at Grayson's notebook.

"No," I spat, but I cover my mouth in shock as I stare at Bailey's shook features. She has the same mole on her chin as Grayson and she has his thick hair, "that's not your father, Bailey. That's Daa Daa." I point at Ethan as guilt is laced in both of our eyes, but Grayson wanted me to forget him, he wanted us to forget him and that's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna try my hardest to forget him but nobody can take away the memories that we had.

The memories of the Cafe boy and Cafe boy who sat in specific seats and wrote on napkins and in notebooks every time they met up. The memories of such a kind soul, a boy who would always put others before him. No one will ever forget the boy who tried to fit in but did so good being himself.

No one will forget Grayson Dolan because he's Grayson Dolan, the Cafe Boy. The boy who was Crestfallen but never showed it.

No one will ever forget, because those who you love are to never be forgotten they're to be missed.