1.5

Dr.Venda's pov

"So I just spoke with this couple. The man is deaf. It's like he lets his girlfriend do all the work. He hardly even spoke. Anyways, they couldn't afford the hearing aid, so I had to lower the price. I need that money, if I get that money...it would be helping me a lot. I'm in a lot of shit, and taking this kind of risk could do me big jail time."

"Yeah, you can always just give them a hearing aid that costs less. Cheaper, and something that doesn't work as great as the legit shit," the caller over the phone implies.

"So you want me to convince them to get a lower priced hearing aid? What if they ask to see the crap," I stutter, my throat becoming dry due to how nervous this idea makes me.

"Look, just do what you do best, and I'll cover anything you need if things get out of hand, deal?" The caller offers.

"Deal," I reply, hanging up and gathering my things to head to the office.

---
After explaining everything about the hearing aid to Gracie and David, or is it Graylen?

I told them about the cheap hearing aid that I first invented, inexperienced. They wanted it, no wonder they did. They were poor as you can already see.

Gracie's pov

After getting the good news about the hearing aid, Grayson and I went out to get a good meal. He seemed pretty happy, yet pretty bummed.

"What's wrong?" I ask, sincerely.

"It's just, I don't want you paying for anything for me, at all."

"I'll always pay for things that are meant for you. I love you, and no one can ever change that. Just because you think differently of yourself doesn't mean I think the same thing. You can lower your self esteem all you want, but if you expect me to sit here and bring it up again, you can go fuck yourself," I spat at him, anger getting the most of me.

The biggest pet peeve I have for Grayson is when he throws insults at himself, when he reveals flaws that aren't his flaws. He always likes to lower his self esteem and think the worst about himself. I've never heard him give one compliment about himself, and it kills me. Like a stab wound after getting salt thrown at it.

"Look, I'm sorry, I just.. I'm not ready to hear the world. What if I don't like it? Hell, you could even be a beautiful man. I mean, I'll go gay for ya," Grayson jokes.

"Way to lighten the mood in both a positive and negative way. How does that even work?" I chuckle, patting his shoulder.
-

After watching a few re-runs of Shameless and Grayson constantly nagging about Ian and Mickey beating each others asses and then having sex, Grayson finally admits that they're a good gay couple.

In both a negative and positive way. Like how does that work? Here I go mocking myself.

A loud knock is heard at the door as Grayson and I are about to call it a night.

"Hello?" I call out, my hand pulling the door open for me to identify who's at the door.

"Um, can I come in?" Shelly asks, her work attire still on. This time she looks less revealing and confident. She kind of reminds me of a lost scholar, when it's your first day of highschool.

"I was- I was wondering if you've seen Ethan," she asks, her fingers fiddling with the ruffles on the bottom of her work attire.

"H-he's," Grayson pauses as he stares at her lips for any other words that may fumble out.

Shelly looks uncomfortable as she looks from Grayson to me, her teeth chomping on her bottom lip. Not seductively either, but more apprehensively.

"He's- Grayson's deaf," I mumble, making a short amount of eye contact with Grayson.

"How didn't you know?" Grayson questions, his fingers running through his hair.

He may be shocked due to Shelly using him. Heartless, Shelly. Using someone who's inexperienced with good relationships; actually relationships in general.

"She never cared for you, Grayson. She only cares for your looks. She never chose to ask you anything about yourself," I state the obvious, Shelly already glaring daggers at me.

"Look I didn't come here for drama. I just wanted to tell you something," she sighs.

"Enlighten us," Grayson mumbles, relaxing on the couch we just got up from.

We were supposed to be sleeping and getting ready for his appointment in 1 day, now that it's 12:20. We weren't supposed to be listening to Shelly, the self centered, and obnoxious brat. The one who would judge everyone from just their looks.

"I-Ethan has a child," she states, her fingers playing with each other. She's nervous.

"Why do you care? And if he did, he would've told us. Now cut the bullshit. What do you want?"

I'm tired of her bullshit, and if she thinks she can get anything she wants just by including Ethan's name in the sentence, then she's got me confused with someone else. I'm not those guys who'd do anything just to sleep with her. Even if you include her name a sentence.

"No, no, Ethan's baby is inside me. Ever since we got drunk and I saw him at that party, we kind of had sex," she implies, running her hands through her hair.

"So you're saying you raped my brother!" Grayson shouts, abruptly standing from the couch.

"No, we were drunk, we both didn't know better."

"Did he agree to do it, did he insert it in you himself? Did he tell you he wanted to do it, give consent?" I ask, anger taking ahold of my patience.

Why would you just think someone wants to have sex even when they're not in their right state of mind.

"No, I just. I assumed. He was reacting to me touching him, so I guess he wanted more," she trembled.

"Look, you're not as smart as I thought you were. You're not exactly experienced either. Just because he catches a boner, doesn't mean he wants to have sex with you. That's your bodies natural reaction. It's like getting raped and still having an orgasm. Just cut to the point before I decide that you should go to jail for acquaintance rape.

"No! All I want to say is that I'm pregnant. Ethan's the father of my baby, and I wanna see him. I wanna tell him what's going on," she whimpers, her hands covering her eyes as tears drop from them; her lip quivering.

"S-Shelly, Ethan's, Et-Ethan's, he," Grayson fumbles with his words. His chest heaving up and down at a rapid pace, "Ethan's dead."

Shelly starts sobbing, her hand clutching her stomach and her fingers running down the wall as she falls to the floor with a thud.

She's not the person I have to worry about at the moment. Grayson can't calm down his breathing, and by the time the paramedics would get here, and the time it takes for me to call them and wait, Grayson would be dead. If he starts hyperventilating, he could die, lack of oxygen.