Chapter Four

LOUIS // FEBRUARY 2020

It had been two weeks of injectables into Louis' lower stomach and it was also two weeks since he had seen Harry. It really sucked. He wanted to experience this with Harry, but he had decided to stay in London on the weekends that way he could finish up with Ed sooner.

Louis had a full month of injections left, the last one would be on March 23rd, before they could start trying. Louis had been to the doctor's six times had blood work and ultrasounds done. So far, it was going great. Louis was slowly, but surely, producing eggs. Doctor Carroll estimated by the time of the last injection at the end of March, Louis would have plenty of eggs and would get pregnant easily.

It was Monday morning, two weeks exactly from the first injection, and Louis was experiencing a lot of headaches. It was a normal side effect, but it bothered the boy and he didn't want to get up. But he managed to push himself up and headed into the bathroom to shower. He prepared the needle and placed it on a towel, he wanted to send a picture to Harry. So, he snapped a picture and captioned it, "Day 14... Wish you were here. I love you."

Once he was done trying to make Harry feel guilty, Louis lifted his shirt and lowered his sweatpants slightly, grabbed an alcohol pad, and rubbed over the injection site. Once it was nice and clean, Louis had to psych himself up. You're doing this for a baby, you're doing this for a baby. He drew in a breath, pinched a bit of his skin, and stuck the needle in.

He hissed as he pressed the syringe down, feeling the medicine rush through him. He pulled the needle out, tossing it into a bag to be thrown away via the clinic. He placed a bandage over it, hiding the bruises from the previous ones.

His phone pinged as the water heated up in the shower. It was Harry's reply, "We finished last night. I'm coming home today, don't know when yet. I'll be there with you for the next month. I promise. I love you more."

Louis smiled, a smile that was so big it hurt his cheeks. But he was just so happy to know Harry was coming home tonight. He shaved quickly then showered. As he got into his work clothes, he heard a little knock on the door. He smiled and opened the bathroom door. Olivia was standing there in her pajamas, rubbing her eyes. Louis asked, "How may I help you, Miss Olivia?"

"I gotta go potty, please," she said, a light yawn taking over her speech.

"Of course," Louis said, exiting the bathroom. Olivia closed the door and Louis went into the kitchen, he made himself some tea. He knew that he couldn't have much caffeine when he was pregnant, so he was trying to get used to the taste of tea. It was disgusting and he hated it. He was about to give up and go for caffeine-free coffee instead.

He made eggs with cheese for Olivia with a bowl of strawberries and bananas, as he usually did. That was when he heard a soft whine, "Papa." Louis didn't have a good feeling from her tone and rushed into the bathroom.

There was vomit covering the floors and Olivia. Louis grabbed some towels from underneath the sink and started cleaning off Olivia. He wrapped her up in a clean towel and held her tightly.

"Are you going to be sick again, nugget?" Louis asked, turning her toward the toilet and his hand running down Olivia's back.

The poor sick girl nodded then vomited into the toilet bowl. She continued it for twenty minutes, two times was because she was crying so hard. Louis rocked her gently once she was done, her face pressed against Louis' chest. He picked her up and carried her into her bedroom. He changed her into fresh pajamas and laid her back in bed.

"Are you going to work?" she asked, shivering slightly.

"No, baby. I'm staying with you," Louis told her, his hand feeling her forehead. She was burning up. He kissed her on the forehead and left to go clean up the bathroom. There was so much vomit, but it didn't bother Louis. He had dealt with this a few times before, Olivia always got the flu.