Chapter Twenty-Three

HARRY // DECEMBER 2020

After two long weeks in the NICU, Reece and Amelia were free to go home. They were both taken off the oxygen tubes four days prior. They stayed under observation until today. Harry couldn't wait to have them in his arms. Louis had been having an exceptionally hard time being apart from them. He was constantly crying. It broke Harry's heart.

On a happier note, it was also the day Olivia turned four years old. It blew Harry's mind that he gave birth to her four years ago today. It just seemed like yesterday he was swollen with her. Time flew by. He was just overwhelmed with emotion. They were taking home their babies for the first time and his baby was turning another year older. It was going to be a great day.

Harry woke up in his bed beside Louis, who was sat up on the laptop while using the breast pump that was underneath his shirt. He whispered to him, "Hi Lovely Louis."

Louis glanced down at him, smiling and leaning in. He pressed a nice, fat kiss on Harry's lips. "My Handsome Harry."

"Ready to bring home Amazing Amelia and Ridiculous Reece?" Harry asked.

"Ridiculous?! He's two weeks old, Haz," Louis said, smacking Harry's chest hard. Ouch. "It's Radical Reece."

"He needs a new name so we can have better names than radical or ridiculous."

"I'm just ready to get him and Amelia. They're fourteen days old and I'm dying to have them here. It does not feel right to be here, while they're away from me."

"Well, starting today, you'll see them every single day, without a time limit."

Louis smiled big before saying, "I know."

"I'm going to wake up the birthday girl," Harry said with a smile.

"Can you believe that our first baby is four?"

"No, I can't. Before we know it, all of our babies will be grown and we'll wonder how the hell it went by so fast. Because the past four years...were fast."

Louis smiled, kissing Harry softly. "Ask me."

"What?"

"Ask me our question."

Harry laughed and asked, "Do you think we're ready for another baby?"

"I don't want you to ever stop asking me that. Even when we're eighty or if my uterus falls out. You ask me. It's our question," Louis said, stroking Harry's chin.

"Damn. I love you," Harry said with a smirk, stealing a quick kiss.

"I love you more."

"Impossible. I do have to wake up our first baby now."

"We have to be at the hospital by nine," Louis reminded Harry. "Did you buy the bassinets yesterday?"

Harry got out of bed and said, "Yes, you watched me build it. You wanted to make sure it was a wide one, so we could have both of them in there."

"And you have their carseats?" Louis continued question. Harry smiled, knowing that it was just him being anxious. They had gone over this last night before bed.

"Yes," Harry answered. "Reece on the right side, Amelia on the left. Olivia's booster is in the middle of them."

"Perfect," Louis said, smiling widely. Harry came around to Louis' side of the bed and pressed a nice, sweet kiss to his fiancé's mouth. "You're perfect too, Haz."