Makin' Memories.

'With It' by Young Thug began to play as Amani made her way into the circle.

I pushed through some dude and made sure I was front row for this. I couldn't miss a single bit. I quickly took out my phone and began.

'Hunnid' bands, hunnid' bands

Dropped on the head of any nigga that want it man

Pop me a Xannie I'm fast

I'm so fast I'm so faster than Sonic man

True the man, true the man, true to my nigga

True religion, Buddha man

My money stack tall as Ludacris afro

And I swear I'ma shoot with that'

The first chorus boomed throughout the room and Amina began whining low to the ground, then popped it low. The crowd went wild, and shit, you best believe I was the loudest cheerer.

It was lit. This girl can move. I watched as she swayed her hipsto the beat, she tick tocked, hip swayed and twerked like it was nothing.

The second chorus came and she twerked it through, then dropped straight into a split twerk. The crowd roared. Girls cheered her on, niggas went hype for her.

"That's my bish, that's my bish!" I chanted as I recorded her.

"If that's your girl then go kill it with her" I heard a girl beside me yell over the music.

I laughed softly and looked at her. "Nahhh, I gotta stay back here."

"Forreal, cmon! I gotchu, y'all finna fvck it up. No one's ever got this place turned the fvck up like your friend over there. So imagine if you both went in."

She had a point.

"Aight." I said as I gave her my stuff.

"Can you make sure it's recording." She nodded.

Yes Rih, let's totally give a random stranger all our belongings, ID, money and everything else.

I shook the thoughts away. Whatever happens happens, fvck it.

I milly rocked my way into the circle as I vibed out to the music a bit.

I began to relax a little, as I slowly whined. "Ayeee, get it." Amina said as she as she came up behind me and we began grinding, hitting every beat.

"Hooooo shiet!" I overhead people yell and cheer for us.

We split up and Amina's twerk routine one more time.

I didn't even know one could move to this song, that was until I met Amina.

The song came to an end and me and Amina exited the circle and back to the girl that had been recording.

As I attempted to catch my breath I grabbed our belongings.

"You girls are insane. That was so...damn how did y'all learn to move like that?" She said as she looked over at us. I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.

"Just practice, a lot of it too." I replied.

"Is she okay?" She gestured towards Amani who looked breathless and absolutely wasted. I grabbed her waist quickly before she fell.

"Girl, I gotta bounce. She took a whole load of shots tonight."

"That's a shame you're leaving so early! I wanted to chill with y'all tonight."

I frowned as I nodded. She did seem genuinely nice, after all she didn't run off with my belongings or nothing so I instantly trusted her.

"There's always a next time."

"You right. I'm Mercedes by the way."

"Rih."

"Cute name." She said. "Aye but let me add my digits into your phone, and you hit me up when you and your girl wanna turn up, I'm down whenever."

I nodded and gave her my phone. This was lit, a new friend on my list.

We exchanged goodbyes and I deadass had to drag Amina to the car.

Tonight was fun. Although I would've wished to spend it longer here I damn well knew we had to go home right here right now. It wasn't just because Amani was absolutely shit faced.

I buckled her seat belt and headed over to the driver's seat and hopped in.

It was because I looked at the time. And the moment that 12:59pm turned into 1:00am, my heart began to heart race rapidly. It wasn't because it was late, or because I was scared to drive. Hell nah.

It was because I knew I had other battles to surpass. Like the fact that Rakim and his boys had made it home an hour ago, and here were me and Amani, barely on the road yet.