Bomb-ditty Boom Boom

Carrin stood deadly still, pushing back that inner crazy, not letting herself fall again, thinking if she gave into it it will take over, she did not need that.

"Still at it? You just don't know when to quit," Ikkaku sneered, yanking the man from the crater, his soul pager in his hands as a 10th squad member came around and confiscated Takeru's blade and cuffed his hands in thick wooden cuffs with markings on the side.

"It won't matter, after midnight, it won't matter."

Carrin glared, trying to make sense of his words, but just like the others, he did not make any sense.

A tenth squad member opened the gate to soul society, she did not miss the strange glances that were shot to her as they left.

Carrin gritted her teeth, yanking herself free from Ayasegawa, not looking either him or Ikkaku in the eye," good work," she said calmly, walking way, through the gathered crowd of living beings, avoiding touching any of them, even though she would go through them anyways. Things were already bad enough between her and the squad, but if Takaru really did tell everyone then she will never gain respect. A woman, pa-lease. A slut, no way in hell.

Pak pulled back and she sheathed her sword, gripping it in her hand with white knuckles.

"Hey Carrin," Ayasegawa was at her side, grabbing her elbow gently.

Carrin pulled away from his touch, pausing her stride to glance over at him, giving him the best smile she could muster," i'm fine, you should get going," she said glancing over the crowd to see ikkaku still there, looking right at her, his face not showing much of anything, other than he was pissed. Takaru was taken through by another already so he was out of sight and hopefully in a lot of pain.

He did not look convinced, Carrin just shook her head," really i'm fine, go," then her soul pager beeped, saved by the bell,"i got to get back to work. See ya," she said, hopping off, determined to get out from there worried eyes.

She really did not understand just who she was to those two.

When she felt the gate close she perched herself on a nearby building, pulling out her soul pager only then to look at the alert. She felt a shiver dance up her spine when she found she actually missed a call. She never been called before, that could not be good.

She recalled, hoping her soul pager worked like a normal phone and she wasn't calling come local noodle store in the world of the living.

It rang once then someone hurried to answer," Carrin, thank goodness you answered," someone began, unsure on who she was talking to.

"There is an urgent matter to-"

"Is that her?"

"Huh? Captain, yes, it's-"

"Give me that phone, now," the man who was apparently a Captain, said, making her stiffen.

"Y-yes sir," the smaller, nicer sounding voice said, fading as the receiver was passed to someone else.

"Carrin, is your soul pager broken?"

Confused she answered the strange sounding voice,"no sir, its working."

"Then why can't you answer the first call," he scolded, making her stiffen, who was this man?

"I-I'm sorry," she began, biting back her excuse.

"I'm sure you were having fun with one of my ex subordinates, Takaru. It matters not. Listen carefully. Takaru took research regarding a device that opened a permanent gate to Hueco Mundo. It has come to my attention that he may have been able to create that device in his little time in the world of the living, and i am giving you special orders to go and retrieve it before it goes off."