Advances Pt 2

"Carrin! Carrin, snap out of it!"

Carrin blinked once, it was as if she snapped out of a trance. Her hand was slick with something and was gripping cloth. Her eyes came into focus on a beaten and bleeding face, only rugged, wet breaths, barely alive.

She saw that both of her hands were gripping the front of the man's kimono, her metal hand covered in just as much blood as her right hand. Her in and out focusing eyes slowly scanned her room. Blood was everywhere, there were bodies of men around her, roughly six men. It was difficult to say if they were alive or not, but the sight was gruesome, assured if they are to live, they would find themselves in similar position as her with some kind of missing limb or body part.

At her door was someone she did not expect to honestly see, considering she had not seen either of them for quite some time since her recovery. Lieutenant Yachiru and Captain Kenpachi stood at her door, taking up much of the space, making it almost impossible to see none other than Ikkaku and Ayasegawa.

The lieutenant was at Captain Kenpachi's side other than on his shoulder, looking at her with soft eyes. Kenpachi did not look at all disturbed by the sight, but there was a possible sign of anger that flashed when he looked over her ripped shirt and loosened sash.

She looked back down at the man in her hands, slowly uncurling her stiff fingers, dropping the body. She stepped back, stumbling over her stiff legs, falling hard to her rear onto the bloodied floor, her chest exposed, her loose kimono coming undone further. She dropped her hands at her side, feeling and hearing the clunk of her metal arm, tears spilling from her eyes.

Others in different looking uniforms came in with stretchers, wordlessly piling on the bodies. Upon closer looking, she noticed that all of them were at least still breathing. She felt an uncontrollable feeling of disappointment.

Kenpachi was the first one to move, moving around the strangely clothed soul reapers who were pulling out the bodies.

He pulled off his Captain coat and put it over her shoulders, covering her effectively from any lingering eyes.

"This was an attack on a seated officer, in your own room at that. Any deaths of those men will not be held against you since you fought to defend yourself," he said in a very rough, rumbly voice, completely unreadable.

"Ayasegawa, take her to the fourth squad clinic, get her checked out, then take her back to Lieutenant Yachiru's room, do not let her out of your sight."

Carrin felt hands gently pull her to her feet, pulling her to lean on someone's side as they led her out of the bloodied room," Yes captain," he said, holding her tightly.

Ikkaku took up her other side protectively as Ayasegawa pulled her through the halls and straight for the fourth squad barracks.

She thought she heard a familiar voice calling out to her but she could not remember his name and didn't bother looking around for a face. Just outside the barracks was a large crowd, clearly this incident was not a quiet one as the two boys demanded passage, not letting anyone get within an arm's length of her. She kept her face down and pulled Kenpachi's captain coat closer to her body, covering any and all of the evidence of foul play and possibly murder by self defence. Her metal arm seemed to be working again as it helped keep the top coat over her own tattered clothes.

The incident was loud enough that even a few fourth squad members were there waiting for her to check for any immediate wounds that may need instant care.

Carrin noticed her orange hilted sword in Ikkaku's hand, immediately, she reached out for it. She needed Pak, she needed him to hell her it was ok and that everything was going to be alright. She needed the assurance that the two boys could not give.