Limb-tastic

The sight was quite a strange one, not one she hoped to see, honestly.

She had not been able to distinguish what strange things this man wore when she was under his care in the operation room, but now, she had a clear look at his very strange outfit. He had strange, yellow knobs on his ears and wore an extravagant white and yellow hat that as far as fashion went she was not sure where he was getting his notes from. His skin was also paper white as if it was not real. He was a very strange looking man, and quite creepy, especially at nighttime, just outside of the women's public bath house.

"Hello Carrin, how are you doing?"

Carrin swallowed nervously, the same bad feeling before began to kick up a notch,"I'm doing good, can I ask if there was a reason you were here, sir," this late at night outside this place, because it's not at all strange, really.

"I came to see you of course. I have a new deal for you regarding your arm," he said far too sweetly for her liking. Somehow, she knew exactly what he was going to say. She had defended it so much before, she somehow knew he knew what she would agree to now.

She felt her eyes shoot Nemu a narrowed eyed glance as she passed him to stand at the Captain's side, face still even now void of emotions.

"I won't tell everyone in Seireitei of your new toys if you let me attach my new arm prototype and let me research more on the matter," he said nonchalantly.

"How, if I may ask, did you know about that," she asked, even though it was no secret on who it was who let him know of such a thing, even though it was more on the how, since Nemu never left the place the entire time she was there.

"Nemu has a mic implant, just for this moment, so I am to see you tomorrow morning then?"

Carrin felt faint, why were people in soul society do damn strange and creepy! How at all was this normal! She was almost annoyed at his excitement to attaching devices on her arm freely, blackmailing her with things she was taking seriously.

"See you tomorrow morning, don't be late," he called out, suddenly already walking off, taking her silence as an agreement, Nemu loyal and calm at his side, not even glancing back once as they disappeared around a corner.

Carrin felt worn out, this was all too much for one day. First, she ends up joining some woman's organization, then she finds out Nemu was the 12th squad's personal spy. Carrin was now sucked into much more that she ever imagined. She just hoped that she won't die.

She did not even get a chance to properly explain that those two were not her Toy and people needed to stop talking about them like that before a misunderstanding broke out and they would hate her forever for letting such a thing get out like she had promised she would not let out.

She dragged herself back to her room, thankful that mostly everyone was already settled in for the night, had no nasty run-ins. She set her little bag of bathing needs on the table against the wall, kicking out her cot that was folded in its spot. Once she had it decently enough flattened out, she fell into it and rolled herself in her blanket like a burrito, curling into a ball. The prosthetic arm twisted behind her in a funny, painless way, but she was too tired and exhausted to fix it or take it off.

She fell asleep like that, her mind reeling with all the terrible things that could happen.

Morning came around too fast, and so did Nemu.

Nemu stood at her door knocking repeatedly until Carrin rolled to her feet, still in her burrito blankets, using her foot to kick the door back," Can I help you," she asked irritably, not fully awake.