Unwanted Truth

⠀⠀~timeskip to after a few weeks~
⠀⠀
⠀⠀Recently I've been thinking of visiting family. Seeing Inori made me realize how much I miss them. I might as well go with my sister.
⠀⠀⠀⠀Hey Inori! I'm thinking about <
visiting mom and dad. Would you like to come with?
⠀⠀> Sure! Oh- can you meet up in the park today. At 11?
⠀⠀⠀⠀Yeah sure. Well see you there! <
⠀⠀I placed my phone down as I finished my meal as it was only 9:30. I guess I can take my time in getting ready to leave to go to the park. I put on a white t-shirt, black stockings, denim shorts, green coat, brown boots, and a burgundy beanie for the outfit I decided to wear. It was supposed to be chilly today. I checked the time and fuck I took forever just to pick an outfit. I walked out with my purse and phone and such. Ya know...the essentials. Then ran to the park whole holding onto my beanie. Once I got there I saw my sister. I walked over to her as I put the beanie back on. "Hey Inori!" I said as I got closer. She looked at me and waved. We sat down onto the bench behind us as I took deep breaths.
⠀⠀"You look like you got some exercise. What happened?" She said concerned.
⠀⠀"I regret.....taking forever to pick out....an outfit..." I said as I laid back on the bench.
⠀⠀"Well, we to talk about the time we're going over there so I can call in for unpaid days off."
⠀⠀"This weekend up until Monday?" I
suggested.
⠀⠀"Only three days? I guess. Here I'll call right now to make the time now before work." Inori pulled out her phone and dialed her boss' phone number and began the call. I did the same thing. My boss was chill with it. Inori's boss was also.
⠀⠀"You called today off also?" I questioned.
⠀⠀"Yeah. It's going to take awhile to get there. Even by bullet train. So we can hit the closest station and ride all the way there so it was only walking distance away." Inori stated.
⠀⠀"You sound like you have done this plenty of times." I replied with a small chuckle
⠀⠀"I guess I have done it plenty of times." She got quiet all of the sudden.
⠀⠀"Hey...is something on your mind?" I asked, worried.
⠀⠀"Um (Y/N), I have something to tell you."
⠀⠀"What is it?"
⠀⠀"After you left, father had gotten an illness and since it wasn't treated correctly, the illness worsened." No. "Mother and father didn't want you to know knowing how depressed you were." No.. "Soon, h-he gave up. H-he died.." No....
⠀⠀Tears fell from Inori's eyes as tears fell from my eye. "N-No...this has to be a joke right? Father's strong!" I hoped. She shook her head in response.
⠀⠀She pulled me into an tight embrace as I wrapped my arms around her tightly. At this point I was sobbing. "But just promise you won't do anything bad..." She whispered into my ear.
⠀⠀I let go of her and pulled away. I wiped away my tears that was falling down my face. "I won't. Besides, I have to play him a song anyways. I promised." That hurt more. My heart ached.
⠀⠀We decided to meet up at the same place an hour later before we parted our ways. I walked home with my eyes still red and puffy. Once I got home, I grabbed out my traveling bag. Filled it with four outfits for each day we're there and an extra one just in case AI can't wear one. Three pairs of pajamas. A couple kimonos just in case my mother still wants us to dress formal likewhile there. Underclothes, shampoo and conditioner and such. I made sure I brought my music book and violin. I grabbed the rest of my stuff and left. I texted Todomatsu saying 'that I won't be able to come over the weekend. Visiting family.' just so they don't worry why I'm not at my apartment when they randomly visit me now and then.
⠀⠀Me and my sister meet up at the same place earlier and walked to the train station. We paid for our tickets and got on the train. It was a quiet ride to my home town as there wasn't many people on the train as expected. When growing up, not many people came to the small town.
⠀⠀When we arrived to the right station, we got off the train and walked to my parents house. To be honest, not much has changed since I've last seen it. It all was nostalgic.
⠀⠀Once we're at the house, we took off our shoes outside and laid them on the mat. Inori knocked on the door, my mother soon came out and was shocked to see me and my older sister. Tears formed in her eyes at the sight of us. I immediately put down my stuff and hugged her. Inori joined in as my younger brother- wait he still lives with my mom? Oh well, my younger brother saw us and came to greet us.
⠀⠀After all the hugging and the greeting, we put our stuff in our old room we all stayed in. Me and Inori changed into traditional kimonos because of how out mother is. Then we all gathered around the small table.
⠀⠀We all caught up with how life is. How Inori is doing as a publisher, how my brother and my mother has been and how they have been keeping up, and how I was doing as a musician.
⠀⠀"So mother, tomorrow I'm heading over to father's grave. I still have to fulfill a promise I made to him." I told her, my eyes started to water.
⠀⠀"(Y/N)..when your father was sick, he was upset that he wouldn't be able to hear the music that you were going to play for him. He would always go "Too bad I'm on the edge of the cliff right now. Right now, I wish I could listen to the sweet music (Y/N) would produce."" She informed. Tears poured out once again. 'Was it him that kept making me wait for my death on that day..? If so then he didn't want me to be on the edge of the cliff just yet..' I thought. My brother, Hiro, rubbed my back.
⠀⠀"Don't cry, you big crybaby. You're going to make mother and Inori cry."