The truth is revealed in the station

My cheeks sting, and hot tears escape my probably blood shot eyes. I have been in the police station for more than five hours now.  All to my surprise he still wasn’t letting me take any of the blame, even though they keep badgering him for the answer he won’t give them.

I don’t know why it’s such a huge deal, I mean in a week I will be eight-teen, then again this has been going on for a little over four mouths.

He’s saved my life and I can’t repay him.

“Miss. Gold, you must work with us.” The officer says.

“I can’t.” I say back. My face feels like it’s going to crack. It’s hard and stiff and it’s because of all the crying.

“Why not?” She asks.

“Because you’re charging him for something he never did. He never touched me sexually, he never hurt me. Let him go.”  I hiss.

“No can do, we have a girl here saying she was raped by him. Her name is Shelby Green.” The officer explains.

“May I use the bathroom?” I ask. She just nods and I walk out.

I see Shelby standing there in the middle of the station.

“Hey bitch!” I scream and deck her right in the face. She hit the floor with a thug. “He never touched you!” I yell and jump on top of her. The officer comes running out, because Shelby’s scream is ear splitting. “Tell them, you know what I can do Shelby!” I yell and her face turns white, as I’m torn off her.

Almost as if she was in a daze she begins to cry. Rapidly tears pour out of her eyes.

I guess I flashed back too.

Shelby and I were friends, wrong, we were sisters. I pulled Shelby and her brother down to the lake.

“Come on!” I smiled and jumped into the water with her brother. I surfaced to see Shelby kissing the guy I liked, a lot.  She knew I liked him; I was basically in love with him.  She stared right at me as she kissed him, and he kissed her.

The next thing I did was unspeakable but it happened. I grabbed her brother by his hair and pushed him underwater. He couldn’t resurface. I heard her scream and I saw her run over. Water slashed as she ran in, she pushed me out of the way to grab Ryan. He didn’t resurface; she had to pull him up, and when she did his eyes were shut and his body limp and cold. Ever since that day we were never the same, never talked, hated each other. It was our secret.

I came back to reality.

“No!” Her scream is piercing.

“Tell them!” I scream back as the police have my arms behind my back, and I try to charge.

“He didn’t do it!” She screams, she falls to the floor and cries. Her hair falls in front of her bright blue eyes. “It was for you, Ryan.” I hear her whisper as they take me to see Jeremy.

“Mr. Blue, you are allowed to leave now, being as though we called Miss Gold’s parents and said they knew about you two. You’re free to leave.” The police mutters and walks out.

I run up to Jeremy and kiss him hard.

“I love you, I thought I lost you!” I say hugging him.

“I thought I’d lose you.” He holds me tightly.

“I had to play dirty, and bring up my past with Shelby.” I say and tell him what happened.

He just looks at me at first; then, he grabs me and pulls me close and whispers in my ear. “Let’s go back to my house and get you unpacked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wasn't as short as I thought it would be, but I just want to say that this story will be ending shortly. I want to wrap it up, and I think the next chapter will be the last, so tell me what you guys think.