In the field with Mr. Blue

Jeremy and I were lying on the grass and looking at the sky. The clouds were so motionless today, and even though I knew they were moving they seem to stop. They stopped like time had stopped, and that’s how I felt laying next to Jer. This is where I felt whole, where I felt like I belonged, where I felt like I wouldn’t do anything stupid.

He went to hold my hand and skimmed over the cuts. I flinched inward, and he looked at me down at my wrist. “Did you?” His voice sharp and hard.

I didn’t give an answer, he already knew. I didn’t want to be a disappointment, but I did it for the fake that I thought this wouldn’t be going on anymore, I did for the fact that I was sad, and I did it for the fact that I didn’t want to be alive.

 “You did.” He said and frowned.

“It was….” I didn’t know how to explain, better yet there was no way I could explain. “I’m sorry.” I simply said to him. Without another word said he pulled me into a close tight hug. He may have held me tightly but he still held me like he was afraid to break me.

“Angel, why?” He asked softly, again with that tone. The tone I hated the tone that made me feel dumb, stupid, and young.

“Because I didn’t think this was going to happen, I thought you were just teasing me, my parents don’t care about me, and worst of all I think life isn’t worth a damn.”

He pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

“We have to get me home, it’s getting dark, and I’m tired.” I said with an exaggerated sigh.

He got up and held his hand out to me. I grabbed his hand and he pulled me up.

We slowly walked over to his car, with our hands twined together. We got to the car five minutes later, and he opened the car door for me. I smiled as I slide into the car. He slowly stepped into the driver side and drove to my house.

“Thanks,” I smiled as I went to walk out but before I did I kissed him hard and wink, “See you tomorrow, Mr. Blue.”