New School Year

I always dreaded a new school year. It was just a sad painful reminder I was still alive and hating it. My life sucked and nothing could change that. My life was something I would never wish onto even my worst enemy.  

     I pushed myself out of bed and pulled my clothes from last night off. I looked down at my wrist, and grimced at the horrid thing I did to myself; a cry for help that no one had yet answered. Sooner or later that cry would be a scream but by then it would probably be too late. I brush off my mutilated skin and, trying to forget about the events that make me brush a blade unto my poor, helpless wrist.

      I grabbed the clothes I had set out the night before and walked over to my mirror where I started to brush my hair and followed that with putting some makeup on. My blue eyes fell upon the fake smile. I put on a thick coat of mascara and eyeliner on, and grabbed my shoes and bags. I sighed and walked down the stairs, and faked smiled to my mom and dad before I slipped my shoes on and walking out the door.  They still hadn’t noticed that they were the bane of my existence.

      The bus ride to school was boring. I finally got in school and the first periods breezed by. Teachers kept repeating themselves and I was getting sick of it already. My mind was somewhere else. I finally made it to sixth period, English. I was running late because I couldn't get my locker open. The bell rang just as I closed my locker. Fuck... I slowly made my way to the English room where the teacher greeted me with, “Why, hello there, you’re late.”   

     “Honestly I don’t care today.” I snapped back as I found my seat in the back, alone…..

     “What did you say?” He asked.

      "Do you have a hearing problem, because I don’t feel like repeating myself," I looked at my sheet with my classes on it and located his first name "Jeremy."  

     “See me after class young lady." 

 ********

      After music I had to walk back to my locker, but I went to open it and someone stopped me. 

     “Angel, I’d watch you’re damn back, no one messes with the man I have my eyes on.” Shelby hissed.

      “Aw, poor whore, I pissed off your damn play toy, you’ll find another one soon.” I opened my locker again, with a slam this time making her jump. 

      After I grabbed my thing from my locker and walked back into Mr. Blue’s room. He sat at his desk and only then did I realize how gorgeous he was. He had medium length brown hair that fell just above his eye brows. His gray eyes looked up as I walked in, and when he stood up I realized how tall he was.

     “Miss. Gold, please sit.” He pointed to the chair he had sitting next to his desk. I sat down slowly in the seat. “What was with your outburst earlier today?”  I didn’t feel like talking so I didn’t say anything. Mr. Blue was looking at his hands because they were in his lap. He looked forward a little bit and saw my wrist. I had forgotten to pull my sleeves down and he looked right up at me, “Angel, why did you do this?” He said grabbing my wrist, “These are there because you did them, they weren’t made by accident. I can tell.” He looked up with pleading eyes. I just pulled my wrist out of his grip and ran out.