Chapter Three

"You saw right through me." Samael laughed. "Unlike anyone else."
     I laid there, feeling like total shit while this quarrel went down. The whole day was like a dream, but it was real. Freaking Samael possessing me, but I kind of deserved it since all my friends had been possessed last year. Dammit, karma.
     "Listen here, Samael." Stiles growled. "Why were you in my nightmares?"
     "I have my reasons."
     "Then tell me, dammit!"
     Samael just laughed. "Because you were with a group of supernatural beings, and you're. . ." He tried to find the word. "Just human."
     "Doesn't mean I don't like being human!" I had gotten up, but didn't help Stiles. This was his battle, and he didn't need our assistance. "The archangel said-"
     "Alexa is a fool!" Samael snapped. "The archangel doesn't care for you, or any of you devils or you, vampire!"
     Div was about to pull off the rosary but Stiles grabbed her wrist and looked at her, and his eyes were begging her not to. He focused back on the Nogitsune with more courage than before. "Let's make a deal then."
     Samael looked interested now. "A deal? What kind of deal do you mean?"
     "You control my powers, and I control my own body." He told him. "And if I'm weak and are about to die, you take over."
     Div's eyes widened, and she protested. "What are you doing, you idiot?!"
     Stiles looked at her again. "I need a power, and the Nogitsune is the only chance I've got at getting one. So I need to make this deal."
     "The sacrificial type, eh?" Samael grinned. "Alright, Stiles. You've got a deal." He held out his hand, and Stiles hesitated, but took it, and Samael disappeared in a black mist, into Stiles' hand. He immediately fell to the ground, and Div ran to him, kneeling down, shaking him.
     She checked his pulse. "No pulse!" She looked panicked, her blue hair around her face. "He isn't breathing."
     "Wait for it." Scott said. "Sometimes it takes a minute for the power to access the brain."
     "Or the Nogitsune just lied and killed him!"
     "Foxes are tricksters, Div. But I haven't seen one break a promise that involves power."
     I stood there and watched as my friend laid there, possibly dead. I felt weak, utterly useless. But then I heard a breath escape his mouth, and so did Div. She immediately put her head to his chest, and sighed with relief, tears forming. "Thank god he's okay."
     He opened his eyes, and looked around, pale. "What the fuck just happened?"
     "Congrats on the new power, Stiles." Newt patted his shoulder. "Now you have some person in your head!"
     "What?" Stiles looked confused. "Oh, you mean Samael. Yeah, he's up there. Can I get some ibuprofen for my headache when we get back to the manor?"
     "You're acting all crazy, dude. What's wrong?" Scott asked.
     "To tell you the truth, he won't stop talking." He laughed, and we did too. "Keeps talking about some demon he saw. . .in our school." We stopped laughing.
     "Pardon?" I crouched down and looked at him directly. "A demon?"
Stiles nodded. "Someone called Ryan. And he's one of the five vampire lords?"
     Div went rigid, her face going pale. "Him? Why him?"
     "Wait, who's Ryan?"
     "The most powerful vampire lord in over five generations." Div exclaimed. "He's ruthless, at least looking like our age, but. . ."
     "But what?!" Newt got impatient, and I was getting too. "We don't have all day, Div."
     "He's quite good looking, too."
     "That's irrelevant right now, Div." I said. "What does he look like?"
     "Pale, at least the same height as you, Liam, but red eyes, medium long black hair, but every tip is crimson-colored, and wears a red and black trench coat."
     "Good to know that the guy sounds like he wants to kill everyone at our school." I said sarcastically. I wasn't happy with the knowledge of a vampire lord at our school, and from what Div described him as, I wasn't looking forward to meeting the guy. "Anyways, let's get home. It's getting dark and I don't like being in dark forests when it's dark out. I've seen too many horror movies."
     "Dumbass." Katie said playfully. "Stop watching Friday the 13th repeatedly in the middle of the night."
     "It's a good movie, though!"
We both continued to argue as the rest of them walked back to the manor.
     But that Ryan guy. A vampire lord? Div never mentioned Ryan. Maybe he was a close friend, maybe was something more than a friend? My mind flooded with questions, but I held them all fast before asking any of them to Div.
     She was already too exhausted, and I didn't want to get her stressed out too.
     "Anyone hungry?" Katie asked. "I sure am."
     "I think we all could use some food." Scott said. "Liam, mind helping me make something?"
     "Sure. What, though?"
     "Curry?"
     That brought memories. I once made curry for them, but I forget if it was the night that Div went apeshit on Stiles and me. "Alright then. Newt and Kat can ready the dinner table. Can you guys not kill each other while doing so?"
     "She did try to kill me with a stick once, and it almost worked, but yeah." Newt said, but Kat stayed silent.
     "C'mon, Kat."
     "Fine." She mumbled.
     "There we go, and the rest of you can sit back and relax while we prepare this meal to congratulate Stiles for getting a new power." I patted Stiles on the back, and he winced.
     "Thanks, Liam."
     Suddenly, Alexa appeared out of nowhere and tackles me to the ground. Everyone jumped back while I laid there with the archangel on top of me. "Ow. . ." She rubbed her head. She sounded a little less mature than she had during lunch. "My apologies."
     "It's alright, Alexa." I groaned. "Can I get up now?"
     She looked down and saw that she was on top of me, and her face went red. "Uh. . .I didn't. . .I mean. . ." She sounded squeamish, and leaped off of me, putting pressure on my rib cage, and I kind of gasped for air. "I'm sorry, but I don't really have a place to stay at right now. . .so. . ." She pressed both her index fingers together.
     Scott thought for a moment, then sighed, nodding. "Alright, Alexa. You can stay in our guest-"
     When I got up again, right before Scott finished the sentence, Alexa had jumped on me again. "What the hell, Alexa?!" I snapped angrily.
     "Can I stay in Liam's room?"
     What. The. Hell. Is Happening?!

================================

     Now let me get things straight with you all. No, I'm not trying to get the newest character to like me. Spoiler: She doesn't like me. Yet, I think. But what I will say is I will be sleeping on the floor tonight. Ha ha, alright. Goodnight people.