Chapter Fifteen

When the massive amount of pain ended, thankfully, we focused on finding Gabriel and also new clothes for the girls that were chained up. Div was still unconscious, being healed up by Katie. "Should we return home?" Kat asked Scott, who had closed his eyes in questionable anger.
     Scott said, "I don't want Gabriel to try and destroy our town again because we were there."
     "What do you mean?"
     "I mean we can't without endangering the lives of every supernatural person, also the normal mortals there."
     "But if we stay up here, we'll die." I concluded. There was no way we could take on about five dozen angel honor guard. But then again, we did kind of defend the high school on our own, but those guys weren't honor guard.
     "Shall we take a vote?" Newt asked. "Mean we don't really have a choice here. Either stay or go. Die or let the people down below get killed and go even farther below."
     I sighed, "I say we stay up here, to ensure that no one down on Earth dies from something they weren't even involved in."
     Scott, Katie, Stiles, and Ryan all agreed with me. Along with Casey, Samael, and Rose since they couldn't go anywhere without their hosts anyways. "That makes seven to five." I felt like throwing up. "Why do you all want to risk the human people down there? It isn't their fight!"
     "Does it look like I care?!" Kat shouted. I just stared at her as she got to her feet, shaking as she did so. "I don't give a damn about those humans! They've done nothing for us!"
     "Because they can't!" I argued. "They're not supposed to help us!"
     "Then why do you want to protect them?!"
     "Because they have a fucking life that matters too, god dammit! Quit being so fucking selfish about your own goddamn lives and think of others!"
     Newt stayed silent, along with everyone else. Kat's eyes were murderous, and I felt the urge to apologize, but I didn't. "Maybe I'm just taking out my anger on you guys, but it isn't my choice if you leave here or not."
     "Liam-" Newt faltered.
     "Just go if that's what you guys want." I turned my back on them and walked down the stairs of the Parthenon. "I'm going to find Gabriel and kill him."

     I went all out on them, and I ultimately regretted it. But that was the past, and if they wanted to leave, then they would leave. I wasn't going to stop them. I heard footsteps behind me, and I whirled around to see Scott and Stiles following me. "What are you doing?" I said, anger still in my voice.
     Stiles shrugged. "Well, I'm not letting you face Gabriel alone, now am I?"
     Scott scratched his chin. "Yeah, me neither."
     I smiled weakly, and continued to walk down the stairs, thinking about where the angel would be hiding. "Where should we check?"
     "The other giant building?" Stiles guessed. "I mean, that looks familiar to the Parthenon thingie."
     "'Parthenon thingie'?" I frowned at him. "I'm betting Americans built that thing as angels since they were intrigued with Greek and Roman architecture."
     "How do you know that?" Scott raised an eyebrow, but I gave him a grin.
     "Because I pay attention in class, dumbass."
     Scott slapped me on the back of the head, and I laughed because it somewhat hurt, but also I'm just an asshole like that. "I say when we get back to the manor, we have a grill out, yeah?" I suggested, and both of them agreed.
     "Steak. Medium-rare." Stiles said dreamily. "I can taste it already."
     We ran in silence the way there, apart from Stiles daydreaming of steak. The building, which of course was white, was made of quartz, and stood over all the other buildings apart from the Parthenon. Hundreds of angels stood in our way, all in formation and ready to attack us.
     "Hold up!" Scott ordered, and we skidded to a halt about a half-mile away from them. "There's too many of them. We can't fight them all!"
     "The others stayed behind!" I retorted. "We're the only ones who will fight these bastards!"
     "You are so stupid, Demon Killer." Kat appeared next to me, with a sword drawn. "I thought things through, and only this time."
     I snapped out of my shock and grinned. "Everyone else coming?"
     She nodded. "Correct. In 3. . .2. . .1. . ."
     Newt and everyone else popped into existence with weapons drawn. "Boom."
     "Let the Reapers take care of this." Newt smirked, his scythe over his shoulder. "Or does everyone else want to have some fun too?"
     My scythe appeared in my hands, and I twisted it around, then slammed the bottom of it down on the pavement. "I don't mind some assistance."
     "Shut up." Ryan hit me on the shoulder with his gauntlet on, and I frowned at him. Now that hurt. "I'm fighting these guys, then punching Gabriel's jaw off."
     "We'll take turns killing him." Alexa sneered, her rapier out and ready. She wasn't playing around, but I also agreed with her statement. "Cut out his tongue, and-"
     I stopped her, putting my hands on her shoulders. "Calm down. We don't want another psycho attack, now do we?"
     "And have you kiss me again?" Alexa growled in disgust. "Like hell."
     "There's the spirit!"
     She glared at me, but shrugged the last comment off. "Are we gonna go fight, or see lovers fight?" Newt asked.
     "SHUT UP!" Both me and Alexa said in unison. I sighed, brushing my hand through my hair. "Let's just charge."
     Everyone else agreed, and we did so, weapons raised, our battle cries echoing across the building walls, making the angel forces hesitate.
     I hit the enemy with all the force both Casey and I could muster. They scattered, some flew, others flew in pieces. The others hit the angels like a tsunami of swords and scythes.
     Blood flew as we struck down each angel one by one, until the area where the army was, was now an area where burning bodies were, blue liquid covering the white floor. Ryan pumped his fist in the air. "Woo! Alright! Exhilarating!"
     "We aren't done yet." Newt said. "Gabriel is still up there, even though I'm in no condition to fight. Too tired."
     "I'll go." I told them, and Casey appeared next to me out of black vapor. "Who else wants in?"
     Katie raised her hand enthusiastically. "Me! I'll go! Still full of adrenaline!"
     I smiled, which was the last smile I showed for over a year.

================================

     Just gives you a little hint. Remember that "bad thing" that's gonna happen? Or did you forget about that? Next chapter will be the final battle against Gabriel! Goodnight, people!