Chapter Eight

The school was open even on a weekend, and Mr. Wright was at the doors. "C'mon, kids!" He shouted. "I heard the explosion from here!"
     We all ran through the doors, and Mr. Wright used a kind of magic to close and lock them tightly. "What happened? Where's Alexa?"
     "Angels invaded the household, Mr. Wright." Scott panted, hands on his knees. "Alexa set us up. Had to use a black hole as a distraction."
     "Should've known that she was up to something." He scratched his grey beard, even though he was like 45. "Gabriel was there, wasn't he?"
     Scott nodded, and Mr. Wright began walking at a quickened pace down the hallway. "Where are you going?" Newt shouted.
     "I have a plan!" He called back. "Follow me to the Teacher's Lounge!"
     The Teacher's Lounge? What's there? I didn't ask him that, but I followed him along with the rest of the household. "What's there?" Div asked for me.
     Mr. Wright snickered. "As a 21st century teenager would say: an upgrade for everyone."
     "Well this has me interested now." Stiles said.

     The teacher's lounge wasn't really a teacher's lounge. No, it was a room full of racks of light swords, light guns, light armor, everything. "This is our school's armory." Mr. Wright said cheerfully.
     "Holy shit." Scott said, his mouth hanging open. "We can take whatever we need, right?"
     "Everything will replenish after a day or two, so don't worry." He swung his arms to the racks. "Now, hurry!"
     So we prepared. We got armor, swords, everything needed. Scott, Stiles, and Newt all got swords and a full set of armor, which looked badass and changed into trench coats, which looked more badass as they glowed red. Ryan kept his trench coat on, but had a red and black gauntlet on his right hand, which looked fierce. The girls wore red dresses and huge knives, serrated and sharp as hell.
     Then I came upon some black gauze, or fabric that looked like gauze, and grabbed it. "Liam," Mr. Wright walked over to me, "that is not as powerful as the rest of the equipment in here-"
     "I'll make it count with some armor, sir." I said. "I have two powers in my head, remember?"
     "Ah, right."
     I wrapped it around my arm, all the way to my elbow, and stopped there. A perfect fit, soft and giving me encouragement. "What does it do?"
     "Just punch and you'll find out soon enough." He walked back to the door, then walked over to a desk and pulled out a walkie-talkie, and spoke into it. "Get the supernatural students, Ms. Portman. The siege of Wyattson High School is now commencing."
     I heard a reply, then my teacher set the walkie-talkie down, and smiled like a lunatic. Apparently he's been waiting on this for a while.
     "You're creeping me out, Mr. Wright." Stiles said. "Are you on drugs?"
     "Why is everyone saying that?!" I shouted. Because it was true. Scott had said it, now him.
     "No, I am still your teacher, Stiles." Mr. Wright replied. "But angels have been on my bad side for over a century, ever since World War I."
     "Yeah," Ryan grimaced, "same."
     "They sided not with the allies, Stiles." He exclaimed. "The devils and vampires were on the allies side, while the demons and angels on the other."
     "I don't get how angels could be with the demons, especially in the same war." Newt said, twisting his scythe around. "They despise each other."
     "Not then. They both hated the devils, including the vampires, so they decided to have a truce through 1914 and 1918, when the war ended." Mr. Wright shrugged. "Irony, really."
     "Why aren't you our social studies teacher?"
     "Because that was devil history, and normal students here wouldn't really understand what's going on."
     An explosion came from the front door, and I clenched my fists. Gabriel was here, along with Alexa. "They're here!" A student shouted. "Get ready!"
     "You better get to the frontline, kids." Our teacher pushed us out the door. "The war has just begun."
     War?

     We waited in the front for the dust to settle. No fire, no battle cries, nothing from the angels. "What'd Mr. Wright mean by 'the war has just begun'?" Kat muttered.
     Scott spoke before anyone else could. "Gabriel has just made a direct violation of the laws between us devils and angels, Kat. He just sparked the fire that starts a war."
     "Well shit." She held up two machetes, and I was officially terrified of her. Note to self: don't piss off Kat. Ever.
     "Here they come!" Someone shouted, and I heard the cries now. Strong and loud. Angels burst from the dust cloud, and hit us hard.
     My sword appeared in my hand and we pushed them back. I slashed one across the stomach and blue blood fell and dripped into my blade. The angel then whithered and died away in blue fire. "Shit." I grunted, cutting off another's head. "Scott! 11 o'clock!"
     Scott turned, and pulled out his katana, cutting the angel in half. "Thanks, Liam!"
     "No problem!" The fight continued as we tried to push forward, but every time we killed an angel, at least a dozen more ran through the destroyed opening.
     "Fall back to the sophomore hallway!" Stiles shouted, blasting five angels with dark energy, skin pale and his eyes yellow. "Move! Me and Newt will hold them off! Now!"
     Students ran, some not taking their eyes off the enemy, and others just ran for it, terror on their faces. I stayed put, along with Scott, Ryan, and Kat. "Go!" Newt snapped, slicing two of the enemy in half.
     "Katie and Div have them under control!" I said. "We're not leaving until they've gotten clear!"
     Newt cursed under his breath. "Alright, fine!"
     We focused on the hallway where the students were going down, and fought like crazy. Cutting the angels down as fast as they entered the entrance. "How many of them are there?!" Scott shouted.
     "Dunno!" I replied, bashing a head in with the butt of my sword, then kicking another down and thrusting my blade into his jugular.
     Then they stopped coming, and the dust settled. "What the fuck?" Newt looked around. "Where'd they go?"
     "My turn." A girl's voice said, and Alexa appeared with a rapier in her hand. "You. . ." She looked like she was forcing back tears. "You are my enemies!"
     "The feeling is mutual, but we aren't tearing up!" I snapped. "So get out of here if you know what's good for you!"
     "My family, gone." Alexa looked down. "My new family, my enemies." Then she looked up, her eyes wide, teary and full of lunacy. I gulped, and took a step back.
     "What a fucked up world we live in, huh?!"

================================

     Intense. This is why we can't have nice things, angels. Seriously, turning everyone insane and all. Next will be about the battle for Wyattson High, with a hint of sadness, but then badass shit going down. Stay tuned, people!