Chapter Eleven

Alexa didn't really go into any details on where Scott and everyone else was. Possibly she was still with Gabriel, and persuaded him to keep me alive and try to turn me against my friends. "Where's God?" I asked her as we walked through the courtyard.
"God is up in that pantheon." Alexa pointed up at a mountain with stairs leading to a pantheon, with golden light illuminating between the columns. "Want me to take you up there?" Her white hair was like camouflage up in heaven, but her red eyes stood out. Wait, red?
"What's going on." I said, flatly.
"What do you mean?"
"Your eyes, dammit." I pointed at her face. "They were blue when you were on the good side of your mind. Now they're red."
"They are-?"
"Don't bullshit me!" I pushed her away, extending my black wings. "Where the hell are my friends?! More importantly who's really up there?!"
Alexa's head lowered, her hair covering her eyes, but not her insane smile that made me take a step back. "Gabriel. The rest of Scott's household are currently being tortured; starved; dying ever so slowly." She jolted up, and her irises were so small, red veins in her eyes, and her smile was so big and so full of lunacy it made me flinch. She had gone insane.
"What the fuck." I growled. "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"
"Absolutely nothing!" Alexa said lightly with some voice cracks. "I'm completely fine! Completely! Ha ha!"
"No you're not!" I took a step forward, avoiding looks at the smile. "You're not fine, god dammit! Where's the real Alexa?!"
She pointed towards her own chest, and laughed. "This is the real Alexa! The other was just a distraction from what my real thoughts were!"
"That's a lie!"
"Really? You really think that I'm lying?"
"No one can trust a rogue angel. Let alone the archangel herself."
"Exactly what Gabriel wants! Trust is a lie!"
"Bullshit!"
"No! No one can fully be trusted, so why trust them at all?!"
"Because some can be trusted, even though sometimes they break that trust! It doesn't matter that you trust them or not! It's that-" I couldn't finish my sentence because Alexa had charged, her rapier drawn and she wasn't slowing.
I drew my own sword and blocked her attack, then knocked her away, letting the Fallen Devil take control of my weapon's power. My body changed and I was the one to charge this time, swinging with light but damaging attacks. "You're not the Alexa I remember!" I snarled.
"Don't care!" She laughed maniacally, and jumped back, onto a ledge and jumped into the air, bringing her sword down on mine, then kicked me in the jaw, and I dropped like an anvil, and stayed down. I couldn't move, and I was losing consciousness. I can't just pass out now!
But I did anyways.

I woke up on a metal table, tied down and bleeding. "What the hell?" I tried to move, but held fast by the restraints. Then Gabriel walked in, his wings tucked into his back.
"Good evening, Demon Killer." He mocked, and I spit at him, the saliva landing on his shoes. "Anger, ah. I didn't even like these shoes anyways."
"Fuck you."
"An even greater temper!" Gabriel laughed, then lifted his fist and slammed down on my chest, breaking every rib on the rib cage including my sternum.
I immediately coughed and spit up blood, but the angel didn't seem to notice that. The pain was immense, and I almost blacked out until Gabriel decided that wasn't enough and grabbed my left index finger, and broke it, leaving it in an odd angle. I screamed, struggling, trying to find a way to soothe the pain, but couldn't. "SON OF A BITCH!" I spat.
"Quite painful, isn't it?" Gabriel laughed, the broke my middle finger, then my ring, and last my pinky. My vision was blurry, my mind numbed from the pain. Tears filled my eyes just as much as blood falling down my chin.
When the torture was over, Gabriel did some magic that fixed my fingers and my rib cage, but the pain was still there. "We'll do this again tomorrow. Take him to his cell, Alexa."
"I'll kill you for this." I hissed, but Gabriel chuckled, and Alexa carried me off the table and into the hallway.
I blacked out again from the pain, but it went with me into the dark. I couldn't escape it.

I awoke to the sound of an air conditioner, and I looked up to see an industrial light illuminating the white room. Where were my friends?
A voice came over an intercom in the room, and it was Alexa's. Goodie. "Comfy in there?"
"Fuck you."
"That's your catchphrase, isn't it?" She was getting on my nerves more and more now. "Wait, don't answer that. Don't want to hear it again-" She laughed before she could even finish the goddamn sentence. "You can't take a joke, can ya?"
"When I'm being tortured by angels, and mentally unstable ones too, I don't really care about jokes." I replied, my voice raspy.
Alexa laughed through the speaker, then got serious in about 0.5 seconds. "Listen here, if you try anything-"
"Why would I try anything?" I groaned. "I've been tortured and healed, but the pain is still there. I'm not going anywhere."
"Along with the airtight room that'll take most of the oxygen out of your room so that'll it'll make it feel like your suffocating." It sounded like she had just pressed a button, and I felt the oxygen being sucked out of my lungs.
I began to cough, and choke, desperately trying to get a breath of air, but no luck at all. I felt as if my whole chest was collapsing on itself, also adding the broken rib cage pain. "What the hell. . ." I gritted my teeth, ripping at my shirt until my vision went hazy, and I hit the floor without another sound, other than the very soft and light breathes I got that barely kept me alive for over a day.

================================

This chapter took a bit to do, since I'm working on some drafts for upcoming books in the near future, along with preparing for high school. God the drama will be over the top, but I'll manage. . .hopefully. . .