Mark - Celebrate

For your information
(L/n) - your last name
Btw I'm back, hi.

Mark cleared his throat as he stepped through the front door of your apartment. It was just a late afternoon, nothing really special. You had just taken a shower and were now chilling in your sweats. Confused as to why he did that, you turn your head away from the TV and stare at your boyfriend with a raised brow. Mark held up an envelope and send you a quick kinky smirk: "Miss (L/n) has received her long awaited mail today.", he said.
Without batting an eye, you jump up from the couch and run over to Mark, nearly running him over as you snatch the envelope out of his hand with a loud squeak. "Don't bring your hopes up too high, Babe.", Mark said as he wrapped his one arm around your waist. You take a deep breath and nod. "I know what Claire said.", you answer to him and stare at the white envelope as if being hypnotised. As you were turning it around, Mark guided you to the couch and pulled you down next to him, to take a seat.

Your hands were shaking with anticipation as you read the address of the sender/shipper. In big black letters it said:

American Musical and Dramatic Academy
6305 Yucca
Los Angeles, CA 90028

It was the College you have been dying to go to ever since you first found out about it. Stars like Jason Derulo absolved it and your good friend Claire has been there for two years now. She told you how amazing the college was but the issue was, there were barely spots left. You were only taken if you were able to impress.

"Baby, I'm scared.", you confess as you begin to tear open the paper envelope. "Hold on, lemme grab a knife.", Mark raise himself to his feet and vanished for a few seconds before coming back with a small kitchen knife. You press the envelope into his hand and stare at the carpet floor. "Do you want me to.." - you interrupt him: "Yes. I can't open it.", your voice sounded monoton as you were getting goosebumps once the paper made a ripping sound. A few crumbles were heard, from Mark pulling out the letter.

He hummed a bit, signaling he was reading as you were playing with your fingers due to the nervousness. "Bla bla bla..", he read loud until he stopped. You look up at him as he continued to read, frowning slightly. "They didn't take me, did they?", you say and stare at Mark. He took a deep breath, letting it out in a sigh. "On behalf of the faculty and the staff..", he stared at you and a small smile crawled on his face. "..I welcome you to the college!", he called. You jump up from the couch and begin to screech in excitement. "No way!", you snatch the letter out of his hand and scan over it with your eyes before your vision was unclear due to the tears that had formed. Blurry eyed, you stare at Mark who was now standing next to you with open arms. "I AM ACCEPTED!", you call, nearly crying as you let the letter drop to the floor and jump up at Mark. "I'm so proud of you, baby.", he says and snuggles into your neck. "I told you they will take you!", he adds.

Your legs were wrapped around his torso and your arms were around his neck as he held you tight while you were crying happily. "We gotta celebrate!", Mark said and let you down. You wipe your eyes and smile at him confused. "We are going out for dinner.", he says and caresses your cheek gently with a smile. You wanted to open your mouth to ask something, but your question was answered with a simple "Fancy.", from Mark. There were no words left to say- Mark and you never ate fancy, never have and you never thought you would. Fancy has never been your thing since you mostly were the type of person to sit down with a good book in your sweats or to make music. Music and acting was your passion, always has - always will be. "Get ready.", Mark whispered and kissed your lips softly a few times.

You were left astonished when he went into the bathroom to shower. Since you already have showered, you go to the bedroom and pick out the only nice dress you have. It was a bridesmaid dress you wore to the wedding of your oldest sister. The short mint green dress had a heart line and was tide like a corset in the back. To it, you had a pair of white heels, also only bought for that wedding and special events. As you slip on the dress and the shoes you stare at yourself in the mirror. Luckily you had shaved your legs today and your face was as always make up free. You just werent the type to get all pretty for nothing, so you barely wore make up. Mark met you this way, since the two of you have been close friends foe the past years, yet you still chose to go with some mascaraand eyeliner. For your hair, you just put it up in a ponytail before checking yourself one last time.
All that was left to do was to splash on some perfume, which you did then.

There was a knock on the door. "Are you ready?", Mark called through the closed door. You get up and straighten out your dress nervously. Was this too much for fancy? Was it not enough? You grab your small carrying purse from off the dresser and sigh deeply in nervousness. "Uh, y - yes.", you say and turn your head to look into the mirror. "You can come in.", you call nervously. The door creaked open and Mark stood in front of you with a white button up shirt, a dark jacket on top and dress pants with dress shoes as he was pulling on his tie, which just wouldn't sit right as it seemed. You force a small smile as you watch your boyfriend struggle, him being totally focused on the tie. "Here.", you walk up to him and replace his hands with yours, pulling the tie in place. "Phew, thanks.", he chuckled softly and looked into your eyes.

"You put on make up.", he noticed with a small smile. "Forcefully, yes.", you answer with a grin. You back off a bit and go back to the mirror, checking for no stray hairs on your ponytail. "You're wearing.. I mean, wow.", Mark walked up to you,  taking your free hand in his. "A dress?", you glance at him with a smile. "It's the only one I have."
"I have never seen you in a dress before.", Mark said with a small smile. "Don't forget the heels. After this evening you can literally carry me to bed.", you say and turn fully to him. "You look absolutely....", Mark took another good look at you. "Just.. wow.", he said with a smile. "You too, honey. You know how much I love the suit.", you tug on the jacket teasingly with a wink. "Let's go, I'd say.", he held out his arm for you, which you gladly took a hold on and the two of you walked to the car.