Chapter 6: Getting Closer

Hey everyone, thx so much for the reads! Please comment, vote and do everything nice. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallow's POV:

I could smell the wonderful scent of vanilla and flowers as I held Serena to me. This moment was so perfect but eventually I got my strength back so I had to let go. I pulled away from Serena and she stepped back looking at the ground. I put a finger under her chin and lifted it up. I wanted her to look at me when we talked, to gaze into my eyes when she spoke.

"I want to know more about you, speak to me," I said to her.

She looked up, her golden hazel eyes staring into my brown ones.

"Well, ok. I'll tell you but you have to tell me about yourself too," she replied.

I nodded my head. I was only too happy to tell her about myself and know about her in return.

"Ok," I said, "What is you favourite animal?"

She seemed to think about this for a while before answering.

"It would most definitely have to be a horse. They're just so gentle but can be thunderous and dangerous too."

When my turn came there was no hesitation in my answer.

"Falcon. A falcon for sure. They're quick and deadly and have a sharp eyesight."

Serena looked at me for a second as if distinguishing herself from my lethal nature.

 "Colour, a most common question but it's where friendship begins," said Serena.

"Don't you dare laugh at me because it's not funny. My favourite colour is pink!"

Serena threw her head back as her throat bubbled with laughter. When she looked back at me her eyes were glazed over with fresh tears.

"Nice to know that I'm giving you a good time there, darling," I said grumpily.

"Mine's indigo," she said, still giggling from my previous statement.

"That's a royal secret. You can't tell anyone. If people find out that the great Prince Hallow likes the colour pink then you have no idea how much trouble I would be in," I told her, referring to my choice of colour.

I turned serious for a second.

"You know Serena, you are so perfect. You are devoted, wise and fair."

"How would you know that?"

"I just do. You would make a great queen. If only the Immortal One had been kinder."