Chapter 10: Icy Forest

Hello back everyone! Thank you to everyone who is reading it's really helping to motivate me on-wards. Hope you all like this chapter:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Hallow's POV:

The night was icy and for some odd reason I couldn't sleep. I lay awake in my bed, my head filling itself with things to think of. I wasn't getting any sleep so I might as well do something useful. I rolled around in my covers for a bit before a thought struck me. This afternoon whilst walking past the chapel I had caught a glimpse of a hooded figure rummaging through the ground in the forest.

It wasn't exactly the Roveft, that didn't start until about seven kilometers further in. But it was suspicious enough. Who would wear a cloak and adventure in the forest in broad daylight? I had to investigate. The forest must have been very scary at this time at night but I was a vampire so night was sort of like my friend in the dark.

I got out of my bed and put on a light brown cloak. On the way out of the castle I grabbed some flat bread from the kitchen to nibble on in the night. A strong, gusting wind welcomed me as I arrived at the city market place. The night was getting colder by the minute.

If it wasn't for the unusual things happening at this place like the mysterious arrival of the witch I would think that something special was happening tonight. I found my way to the chapel where I bunkered for a bit trying to see if anything was near by the forest. You might think this is pointless but vampires had better eyesight at night.

There was nothing there so I decided to make a move and check the place out. However, I was stopped by the sounds of soft sobbing. I looked around to see if anyone was there but all was still and just the same as before. I listened again. The sound seemed to be coming from inside the chapel. I would have to check this out. I guessed the forest could wait till later.

I walked into the chapel and searched the inside. There were a few doors on the right. Maybe I could look there. I decided to go into the door closest to me first. I opened the door and stepped into the wet and salty smelling room. I didn't have to look any further because in front of me, crying to herself, was Ice.

My footsteps made noise on the cobblestone floor and sounds echoed off the crumbling walls as I walked towards Ice, stepping into little wet puddles along the way. Ice lifted her head up and looked at me with a slight smile, trying but failing to hide her tears.

"Did you make all these puddles just from your tears?" I asked in a fascinated voice.

"No, the water drips down from the streets," she said laughing slightly and pointing to the rusted bars above her head.

"Ah, nasty place to be."

"Indeed."

"So,on with it then. What are you crying about?"

"No really, I don't want to bore you."

"People don't cry over boring stuff, Ice. When people cry it's usually for an interesting reason.  Now go on, tell me."