Chapter 4: The Dinner Hall

Thx to everyone reading. Really appriciate it. Please vote, comment and do everything nice. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallow's POV:

I was hyped and ready to go get Serena. I had a very good feeling about her, like she was going to be a big part of my life and the castle's. She looked like mother in many ways: strong, intelligent, firm. But then she had elements of behaviour from the goddess like kindness, calmness and love. It was a combination fit for a Queen. 

I was a bit caught off guard when mother approached her in the throne room. I asked mother questions about it but she said she knew nothing. I trusted mother, she had no reason to lie to me. Father seemed pleased with how things had gone and was happy for me to show her around, keep her company and teach her things about vampires and our history.

I had told him that she hadn't been to any other cities and she was clueless about the Roveft. Father came to the conclusion that her parents may not have educated her on the world outside her home. I was glad that I was getting so many opportunities to spend time with her. See seemed the pleasant sort unlike Cordelia. Even her name sounds like her brain's been diluted with water.

I looked over myself in my bedroom mirror. I made sure to wear one of my best royal attires for this occasion. I was wearing a light blue silk tunic over which I was wearing a dashing red vest. If I say so myself I looked pretty amazing. I let my straight, blonde hair frame my face and walked out my room.

The night air was cool and nipping at my clothes. I breathed it in and exhaled, trying to get the knots of tension out of my system. By the time I entered the castle I was calm enough. I walked through the breakfast hall then made my way to the Residential Wing where my sister's bedroom was and also Serena's room.

As I approached the door I thought about the little city we were living in. I would have to show Serena around sometime. I wasn't the biggest but boy, was it beautiful. I remember being little and running into stores and houses during the market trips that the castle cook used to take me on. Those were fantastic times.

We were a close knit community in the city and everyone was treated like family. I shook off what little nerves I had remaining and knocked on the door. A moment later it opened and straight away my eyes were drawn to hers. We looked at each other for a moment before my eyes trailed down to see her outfit.

 She looked beautiful so I smiled. I then returned my gaze to her.

"Care to join this wonderful gentleman for dinner?" I asked with amusing formality.

"I would love to," she replied with the same courtesy.

The dinner hall was at the other end of the castle from where we were so it was a bit of a long walk. During the walk we chatted a bit.

"So, how have you liked your room so far?" I asked.

"It's lovely, I have everything I need," she said with so much energy.

"That's good. Be sure to tell me if there is anything that you need or you can go to my sister, Ayesha. I'm sure she'd love to help out. In fact, I have a feeling that you two are going to be the closest of friends."