Chapter 16: Confusion with Hallow

Hi everyone! I seriously apologise for making you guys wait for two months. I'm gonna try and make up for that in this chapter. Hopefully it delivers some sort of a punch to you guys. Thanks again for all your support. Please don't forget to comment, vote and follow:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hallow's POV:

I knocked on Serena's door in rapid succession. I heard some muddled up murmuring and then it was quiet. I knocked on the door again and it opened with a disheveled Serena on the other side. She was meant to be asleep so for a slight second I wondered why she looked like it had just been revealed to her that she was not from earth. But that was not the main thing on my mind at the moment.

"Serena, I think I'm gonna find my mate tonight!" I whisper-shouted.

Serena cocked her head to the side and gave me a scrutinizing look.

"I don't see why you would think this is funny," she said.

I felt fustrated at first and then considered banging my head against the wall but then I calmed myself. Obviously she wouldn't believe me just yet. I mean, it was in the middle of the night, we had previously been in a fight and she hadn't seen what I had.

"I'm being serious. A fairy came to me and told me," I explained to her.

"Hmmm, that's interesting," she replied slowly, putting a finger to her chin.

"And you have nothing to say? Help me! Could it be you?" I asked frantically.

For a moment I thought she didn't care and that she would shut the door in my face and go back in her room. I wasn't exactly sure if we were on talking conditions but this matter was very important to me and my top priority right now was to find my mate.

"I have plenty of things to say," Serena scowled, probably thinking this was a joke.

"Then say them. I'm dying from anticipation," I whispered, on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"Come on!" she yelled, now definately thinking this was a joke.

Now that I took a moment to pause and look back on the day. I realised that the fight between us was still quite fresh and that this whole conversation would look like I was making outlandish excuses to talk to Serena. Just when I was about to tell her how serious this was she stepped back and shut the door in my face.

"Great," I sighed, "Now I'm a jerk in her books."

Everyone else was probably asleep so I decided to go to bed. I was still shaken but Serena's reaction made me wonder if I had just been seeing things. Had my hopes gone so high that I was beginning ot materialise the things I strongly believed in?

The next morning I was pushed out of my cozy bed and onto the cold hard ground. I woke up in a startle and glared around wildly, looking for the culript. Ayesha was standing on the far edge of my bed with her hands on her hips.