Chapter 11: Nox and Mist's Animal Shop

Thank you to everyone reading, it helps a lot. Please vote, comment and do everything nice. Thx!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Serena's POV:

I woke up to a hot and sunny morning after having a good night's sleep. I had made a pretty cool friend last night: a fairy named Amhmaa. I was pretty freaked out at first but we talked and I got to know her and now I think we're best friends. I found out that she has a younger sister named Yaesah and an older sister named Laiec. Her sisters were fairies too.

Last night I crept out to the garden so as to not disturb anyone and talked to Amhmaa. I was still being freaked out when Hallow walked up on me. I probably looked like an idiot talking to myself. After we parted ways, I came back to my room where I chatted with Amhmaa. She explained to me that I was apparently a powerful vampire and that she was my bonded fairy.

It took me time but eventually I understood and in the few moments before I fell asleep, we talked our way into best friendship. Right now, Amhmaa was walking around my room inspecting everything. She made no hesitation in giving her opinion on something and made a comment on something every few minutes. It was pretty cute, like she was exploring the world.

 "Hey Amhmaa, I'll be talking to you all the time now, won't I?" I said to her.

Amhmaa looked back at me, blinking her large sea blue eyes.

"Yes," she said simply, nodding her head.

"That means that if people look at me then they will think that I'm an idiot talking to myself because they won't be able to see you."

"Yes," she said again.

"I've got an idea. I could get a pet of my own that I could take with me everywhere I go. That way people think I'm just chatting with my little friend."

"Brilliant."

"I know, amazing. Ok, come on. We need to get Hallow. He knows the city well, he'll know where to go," I said, grabbing Amhmaa and skipping out of my room.

I found Hallow ages later sitting on a bench in his rose garden and starring distastefully at a gray sweet pea flower. It was dead, probably burnt but still holding its shape.

 "What's wrong with the flower?"

"Cordelia sent it."

"Oh, your not-so-secret admirer?"

"Honestly, I don't know how many times I've rejected her but she insists on pursuing me."

"Do you wanna go shopping? I wanna get a little animal friend."

"What, right now? But I don't wan-"

"The lady insists," I said in a joking manner.